• Register Today It's free!

New Wiring harness?

iwannax

Reaction score
City, State
NE Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Is there any way of replacing or fixing a damaged wiring harness? The 1994 explorer was parked outside for a few months while I was away at college and when i started it up it ran like straight garbage. When i opened the hood I was amazed the thing didn't catch on fire, let alone start.

The wiring harness is chewed to bits. Many wires are completely chewed through and the rest are mangled and bare. The main area of attack is the drivers side where the main portion of the hiring harness is. It looks like it would be a huge project to tackle by myself.

Is there anywhere I could buy a new harness or take it somewhere to get repaired?

Thanks
..... stupid stupid animals....

Best bet would be to find one of those "U-Pull-It / Pick-A-Part" junkyards and snag the engine harness from the firewall out. There are a lot of things to disconnect, but that would probably be the cheapest & easiest thing to do.

If you took it somewhere to get it repaired.....probably be looking at at least $500 or so in labor to repair it.

Thats what I was thinking. I'll start making calls tomorrow and start digging I guess.

Back