• Register Today It's free!

Won't start or turnover

vtdave

Reaction score
City, State
vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer
I Played with fuses unplugged and plugged in dash and under hood. 12v is ok, lights good. everything seem to work ! EXCEPT will not turn over, start?
Do see on dash when turn on to start flashing theft light. Battery light and check gage lights ? what did I do ??? Help. Please Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just because you have 12 volts does not mean you have enough amperage to turn the starter over. I would look at the battery and or battery connections and the battery ground. Try to jump it from another battery or pull the battery and have it tested.

You don't make it clear if it was starting before you pulled fuses, or if you pulled fuses attempting to solve the problem.

Here's my thread from last winter with the same problem. I pulled the fuses out, dropped one, and put it back in the wrong spot leaving it out of the slot it needed to be in for the truck to start. Skip to post 31 about 1/2 way down page 2 - I left out fuse #19 .

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417265

it was running fine before I played with fuses. As I look at it more the theft light flashes every 2 second +- all the time does not change when key is turn to on and start?

You probably need to recheck your fuses - one at a time. It can be really difficult to tell a good fuse from a bad one just by looking sometimes. A good one can look bad, and a bad one look good. I ran into that trying to get my trailer lights working. Fuse was blown, but looked good.

If the fuses all check out, it might be your starter relay solenoid on the firewall. I just went through something similar on my Expedition (except I wasn't playing with fuses prior).

Back