Would the switch cause this? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would the switch cause this?

Thank you for all the great information. I bought the Headlight Switch and Connector from Advanced Auto Parts. The radio had to come out to removed the Dashboard Bezel. Then the switch connectors for the rear window heater, wiper, and 4WD high and low gear had to be disconnectd. I had to pinch the metal wings on the sides of the switches, to remove the rear window heater, and rear wiper switchs to disconnect the connector. The the longest part was soldering all the wires and wraping them with a heat resistanant electrical tape. I was carefull to not break the round plasic dashboard nut that holds the switch in place. I could see breaking it would cause an unwanted problem, the switch will never mount steady in place. I did break one on the bezel tabs. The tab is holding ok after super glueing it. It is no wonder more than one didn't break because my Explorer is old, plastic parts get brittle, and are easily broken. Again thank you for the great information. Everything is working like it should. :salute:

Back