• Register Today It's free!

Would this be worth it?

JayDub

Reaction score
City, State
SOUTHSIDE HOU-TEX
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 4 Door
Okay so I decided what to upgrade my subwoofers too. 4 quantum audio 15s (I have the 10s now, I love Quantum Audio subwoofers) with 2 1250 watt amps, and dynamat in all the doors and maybe the dash. I want to add some Alpine Type S 5x7s to each door as well (Have Quantum Audios, and though I love there subwoofers, I dont like there highs). I also want to add a set of Explorer Express Kick panels, with a Alpine 5.25 & Tweeter component set.

My question was, I was thinking about maybe getting some 6x9s or 2 more component sets installed in the top of the subwofer box, kind of at an angle, so they would be firing at the top of the rear door. Would this cause a noticable difference in the highs, or would I just be blowing money? I dont want too many highs to where my system will sound ****ty in daily driving, but I also want to be able to possibly enter in shows (not competitions, just shows). Ive heard someone who has so many highs too where you cant even tell they have subs, and I dont wanna be like that. I want everything loud, not just parts, you know? So would this be a good idea, or just a waste of cash?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think that the extra speakers in the top of the box would be a waste. If you have good enough speakers in the front and back, because of the 4 15's, and a good balance, that should be enough. I have 1 12 @ 1 ohm running 900 watts and i am using the stock amp for the mids and highs and believe it or not they sound great, and my highs can over power my bass still, but it's less that 1/4 of what you will have. I am using denon 5" components in all doors with no kick panels, although i should get some because my left leg blocks the sound from the drivers door. Anyways, good luck with the system. if anything, use the money to get a 3 way set of components for the front, and a good amp, that should take care of most of the mids and highs and then maybe just a 2 way in the back with a good amp. You'd be set like that IMHO

with 4 15"s you arent going to hear a set of 6x9s.....

4 15"s is jsut overkill. in my opinion no need for it unless you are trying to prove something.....

if you were worried about sound quality, you wouldnt have 4 15" subs!

the best solution id say is getting a set of components for the front and rear and running a powerful 4 channel amp to them. something 80 or 100X4.

in my truck ill have 2 18's with just front components and its about as much treble as ive heard. Im running cadence aluminum component set...5.25s with titanium tweeters with 100 watts going to each side.

Chances are you're treble wont match your sub output at full volume with the sub output all the way up but atleast you can get it fairly close.

auxillary speakers in the box is a bad idea.

more speakers isnt the answer...better quality higher wattage speakers makes life a lot easier

alright maybe ill do that. So maybe a component set in each door? or the 5x7s and component sets in the kick panels? Or doors and kick panels? If I where to put them in the door, what would that take? Just build something that fits the location they can be mounted in? Thanks....I want Alpine Type S door speakers and Alpine component sets, but I dont know there brand yet....Thanks for all the help yall...

what you should do

get some orion alumpro or rainbow components rated for massive mid range and amp those get a couple and throw those in the doors you i did that with an 8 in the doors as well

JayDub said:
alright maybe ill do that. So maybe a component set in each door? or the 5x7s and component sets in the kick panels? Or doors and kick panels? If I where to put them in the door, what would that take? Just build something that fits the location they can be mounted in? Thanks....I want Alpine Type S door speakers and Alpine component sets, but I dont know there brand yet....Thanks for all the help yall...
id just do a set in the front kick panels...too many speakers can muck up your soundstage. Ive never been a fan of rear speakers anyways.

If you find you're lacking midbass then you still have the ability to put a 6.5 or 8 inch midbass woofer in a door pod aswell

Back