Would this sound good (Whole system) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would this sound good (Whole system)

JayDub

Reaction score
City, State
SOUTHSIDE HOU-TEX
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 4 Door
Alright Im trying to decide on my system. I was gonna go all inifinity kappa, but I want more bass than I think I can get out of them. Heres what Im thinkin:
Kenwood Excelon CD/MP3 Player w/ 12 Disk Changer (Not sure of the part number, already on Layaway)
Infinity Kappa 682.7 cf 5x7s in all 4 doors
Infinity Kappa 50.5cs 5.25" & tweeter component set in EE Door Panels
4 Quantum Audio 12s, in a big ported box, powered by 2 1200 watt kenwood amps
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Stinger Capaciter
115 Amp Alternator (Is 115 a good price? A store in Pasadena has a sale going on, 115 amp chrome alternators for 115, free install)

What do yall think about the idea to have 5x7s in all doors, plus the component set? Someone told me that insetad, I should just go with a 5x7" component set in the front doors, and regular 5x7s in the rear. Also, would the Quantums hit harder than Infinity Kappa 12.1d dual voice coil subwoofers.
Yalls help is appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4 subs is overkill in my opinion. You should change your question to "will this be loud":) If you are looking for SQ, one sub is enough. I would go with 6x8s instead of 5x7 for bass/midrange staging.

justin thanks for the advice, but I love heavy bass. Besides that, Im trying to have something to show off riding thru all the cruise spots and stuff you know? And there car game is on point. You see cars riding trunk popped with 6 15s, 8 12s, 8 10s, 3-4 18s, etc etc etc. A guy I work with has a 97 2 Door Tahoe (with a 2003 front end) with 8 15s replacing the whole cargo and backseat area. No offense but 1 12 isnt going to help me get the effect or the output I want. The only way I wanna go with less than 4 12s, is if I decide to get 2 JL W7s, pushin 2500 watts a peice (complete system 750 cash if I can get it in time). I mean but to each his own. If your not into that I understand, but thats my type of stuff.

JayDub said:
justin thanks for the advice, but I love heavy bass. Besides that, Im trying to have something to show off riding thru all the cruise spots and stuff you know? And there car game is on point. You see cars riding trunk popped with 6 15s, 8 12s, 8 10s, 3-4 18s, etc etc etc. A guy I work with has a 97 2 Door Tahoe (with a 2003 front end) with 8 15s replacing the whole cargo and backseat area. No offense but 1 12 isnt going to help me get the effect or the output I want. The only way I wanna go with less than 4 12s, is if I decide to get 2 JL W7s, pushin 2500 watts a peice (complete system 750 cash if I can get it in time). I mean but to each his own. If your not into that I understand, but thats my type of stuff.
I used to be into it.... this is 4 Orion HCCAs with about 1000watts RMS each. THe box is sealed and is 1.5" thick. Would have been alot louder if it was larger and ported though...but I hate sloppy bass.

Attachments

• speakers.JPG
    speakers.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 189

$115 for a 115 amp alternator is a rip off. Plus your stock alternator probably puts out 120 amps... Go for a 250 Amp alternator and never have to worry about it...

okay 250 amps it is. i dont know about those things.

justin i really like that setup. it looks real good. But like you sdaid, Id have went for the ported bigger box for more bass. Just me though. looks awesome

stock alt on a v6 is 95 amps i believe...

the more subs you have the less they have to move to make the same output the more sq possible at that given output-

why in the world do you want to run coaxials and components up front? run two sets of components if you want- but i don't see why you'd be mixing there.

you are sorely missing signal processing- the eq/crossovers in the hu are not really going to be sufficient if you want it to sound great.

okay. im not going to be stubborn I guess. Ive decided to go with 2 Kenwood eXcelon KFC-XW1202DVC, powered by 2 1200 watt kenwood excelon KAC-X621 amps. Ill put them in a ported box. Im going today to get Peal & Seal for all my doors, down the road Ill get real dynamat If need be.

Back