Would you attend a Las Cruces, NM Run Oct 12-13?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would you attend a Las Cruces, NM Run Oct 12-13??

Would you be willing to attend a Las Cruces, NM Run for Oct. 12-13th?

• Yes, I am interesting in running trails around Las Cruces.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No, I'm not interested.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Maybe, I'm interested. Please tell me more.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • What the heck fire is Las Cruces?

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
me....99% sure

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by becker69
Jon; I may actually be able to do this one!! I spent 4 years in Alamogordo NM and never got to wheel my own truck, so I will see how the word is for body damage, and how 32" tires will fair. If you can; post me or send me any info you have on the sliders you ordered. I am REALLY considering a set, and if you have done some of the leg work, maybe you wouldn't mind sharing the info with me. Thanks. Hope all is good in the TX.

Doug,

I know you can make this run. It's only about 4 hours or less from where you live.

Gloria, emailed me this week saying my rock sliders will be ready to ship this week. I'll be Paypaling her the money tomorrow. I'll take pics and all when they get here.

Cya,
John

OK, I might; ie.... 79.371% possibility of talking my wife into it. It is a 3 day weekend for me, and since she is not into off-roading (yet :) and with my daughters, I am not positive. But, I will make a serious effort to nail down the probability real soon. Thanks for making an example of me John!!! :D

I hope it happens it would be a good time.

90% I can make it. I would like to check out a new area and it's not all that far :D

I would love to check this area out. I might even have a trail vehicle by then..

Okay I am 33.3% sure I could make it. There is also the rock crawling championships in farmington that weekend I may go watch or I may go wheeling in northern New Mexico to Loginatas lakes near Chama. I dont know what to do :confused:

Have our own crawling championship with your fellow Ex buddies.........

Originally posted by 410Fortune
Have our own crawling championship with your fellow Ex buddies.........
It will be a show down between Mudd***** and Rick. :thumbsup: :bounce: :thumbsup:

I wish I could make this one...but it looks like I can't. Gotta fix my driveshaft (dropped for a second time) and figure out why 4-wheel drive isn't working...take pictures for me though fellas...

Originally posted by TwoToneX
I wish I could make this one...but it looks like I can't. Gotta fix my driveshaft (dropped for a second time) and figure out why 4-wheel drive isn't working...take pictures for me though fellas...
It will take you 2 months to fix this? Don't worry, we'll tow strap you if you break down. :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

Don't worry, we'll tow strap you if you break down.
Yeah Doty - John has been dying to strap someone else out for a change.
Help him live his dream.

I can tell you why your 4x4 isnt working, you needto rebuild your shiftm motor 99% of the time. You need a driveshaft? Contact Brett...Call us up we'll help you get her out on the trail...

Originally posted by 410Fortune
I can tell you why your 4x4 isnt working, you needto rebuild your shiftm motor 99% of the time. You need a driveshaft? Contact Brett...Call us up we'll help you get her out on the trail...

And I'll help you put it in!! we should be able to get you going by then. And I'm just going to ignore that Mudd***** vs. Rick comment :eek: LOL

Come on '6-Tire' I was actually there to see you gain that nick-name! If you can make it that'd be great, I haven't seen your rig since the lift and tires!!! I am looking forward to this trip. I am just trying to gain a co-pilot, although I think I have a buddy that might want to experience it. Let me know about any more info on the trail difficulty #'s.

I'm glad I looked at this thread again, I wasn't getting updates for it and didn't see that I got responses...:confused:

It's not that it'll take me 2 months to fix it, but it might take 2 months to get any sort of money to get it in trail condition. Gas money from Colorado to Texas made me broke as a dog.... I've just gotta find a place that will extend my driveshaft for cheap...

Shift motor might be it, but I just can't figure it out. The hub is making really weird sounds if I put it in 4 wheel drive, but every time I take it apart (3 times now) it's just fine.

Douglas, it has been awhile since we've gotten to wheel together (and despite the whole 6 tire thing, I had a lot of fun in Arizona)... I guess I might just have to try and make this one.

Anybody wanna come to Austin and help me fix my broken truck? :D

I would love to try and make this one so keep the updates and I will try!

Well, I have resolved myself to secretly making plans for this.... that way my wife won't be able to let me 'let the guys down!' :D I am trying to look for an area close enough by to camp-out at..... that way I can save some $$. And I believe I suckered a co-pilot buddy of mine into coming.... so hopefully I can come to represent the
< 33" tire guys! ;)

Is this run still a go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back