X Club In VA | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X Club In VA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the trail is very easy going. I am scared of heights myself, and it doesn't bother me. there is maybe an 1/8th mile that is ~20ft above a river, and it's kind of close to the trail, but it's not bad. I don't think anyone would be bothered by this trail at all. If you want to see pics of what most of the trail is like, look at the 2nd page of my cardomain, and just look at the background of the pictures, (the ones without mud...lol). Like I've said before, meeting place is McDonald's/Liberty Gas station thing on the southbound side of 29. Right behind there is a Food Lion and big shopping center thing, and its at a traffic light. Pretty easy to find. Let's be there by 9, and we can get some coffee and breakfast, then head out to the trail. If you have any questions, or won't be able to make it before we head out, (probably by 9:30 at the latest), just call me at 434-962-5115. I'll wait around if I know you're on the way. Hope to see everyone there!

Sorry guys, but the trail is totally iced over, and virtually impossible to make. I am calling off the run for tomorrow. I'm really sorry it's such short notice. Hopefully we can go like next weekend or sometime soon. There is supposed to be some warm weather this coming week, so it should melt the ice. The trail is covered by about 4 inches of solid ice, and there are trees and branches down all over it from what i've heard. I don't think it's worth the risk, nor would it be much fun to go tomorrow. Once again, sorry this is such short notice, but I just found out like an hour ago.

dam sucks i was ready 2 o well looks like my next weekend off is the 3rd march

that sounds good for me. I don't think I have any plans then, so we can start that as our reschedule date if you want. I was planning on going even with the ice, but my uncle said he talked to some guys who tried to go up there, and they said the conditions were awful. Hopefully we'll get up there soon!

Thanks for the heads up on the ice... definately don't want any parts of that. I should be ready for a run in a weekend or two.

Well.. looks like i've got a little bit of work to do before the run. Steering box developed a respectable leak in just a days time this weekend. Only 110k and I just resealed it this time last year :rolleyes: Barely driven it 5k in that time.

thank god for the slightly warmer weather 50's feels like 90's after all the low 20's

well im ready 4 the 3rd can't wait to hopfully sling some mudd

are we still on for this sat?

are we still on for this sat?

I'm a big maybe on this weekend. I've got to make my truck start working again, then figure out if I have to work a basketball tourney. If I can, I'm in. I guess if it come's through we can just run the same plan as before. meet up at the mcdonalds. I'll check on my stuff tomorrow and let you know whether I'm in or not though.

I am planning on taking a run up to shoe creek again this saturday, the 3rd. I know this is kind of short notice, (I seem to be good at this last second stuff), but if anyone is interested in the run, let's meet at the McDonald's/Liberty gas station in Lovingston at 9:00, and plan on pulling out of there for the trail by around 9:30. I may be able to check my computer again to see if anyone is interested, but I doubt it due to work. Give me a call if you are coming, because if I don't know anyone is going, I'll skip the mcdonalds. the number is 434-962-5115, leave a message. My plan is to run the trail from the bottom up, then come back down. Like I've said earlier, it's about a 3 hour run or so. Make it what you will. Hope to hear from some people soon!

bump

anybody willing to do a 1354 t-case swap for me. Its a 97 sport bw4405 going to a manual 1354
cell: 571 991 6377

Its not that hard, why not do it yourself? Might want to start your own thread and ask for help. There are plenty of guys up North that might be willing to help.

Its not that hard, why not do it yourself? Might want to start your own thread and ask for help. There are plenty of guys up North that might be willing to help.

i dont have the time this week or next week to get it done. i rather use the plane ticket money to fix my truck and drive it there. If i fly i still come home to a broke truck....lol anybody willing to do this for me, please help me out

THIS WAS THIS WEEKEND. NEAR CRABTREE FALLS IT WAS REALLY ICY. I AM HAPPY TO SEE SOME LOCAL PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD.
wintertrip046.jpg

You went to Crabtree this past weekend?

That is hardcore.

Did you go past the parking lot?

Anyone want to go on a run in the spring around april? Im getting bored with the trails around my house

Lets get a VA club together again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back