X92Exploder's Explorer's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X92Exploder's Explorer's

This is our new to us 96 Explorer XLT just picked up tonight its got around 125,600 something like that and runs like new, 4X4 Auto 4.0 OHV here's some pics going to have to do some daytime ones, these evening shots didn't turn out none to well.

DSCN0498.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

DSCN0496.jpg

DSCN0495.jpg

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0493.jpg

DSCN0492.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...congrats and what are your plans for it???

So far, just some small things like full length console, bug deflector and rain guards see if I can talk her into lettin me put a sun visor on it like my 92 has....give it a good bath and waxing, get some a/t or winter treads for on it and figure out why the heck it was thumpin a lil in the front end when I was testin the 4X4 so they can fix it since its under warranty I'll let them screw with it and pay for the costs :) other than that I aint sure what gunna do to'er yet.

X92Exploder's 95 and 96 Explorer's

Here's some daytime shots, it looks really good inside and out for an 11year old truck, no stains inside. and on the rocker at the verybottom between the rocker and the running boards there is slight rust behind the paint but no wholes.

DSCN0502.jpg

DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0500.jpg

DSCN0499.jpg

Oh....and I had thought something was wrong with the 4X4 and now I'm wondering if it aint because previous owners didn't use it maybe it was sticky or something cuz I took it up a steep part that scared my fiance her words were "OMG GLEN WERE STANDING STRAIGHT UP!" lol but yeah put it in 4low and it went up, only thing bout it is, in 4low it don't crawl like a turtle like my 92 Sport. So when your going down a nice rocky trail you still gotta be on the brakes some. I had it in 1st and it didn't really hold the speed back much.

Makes me wish I had kept my '99 sport :|

Well think I figured out why yenz make sway bar d/c's. We drove it up onto a bank at a little bit of an angle and got clearance under the front driver side tire and passenger side rear tire and got rocking tilty back and fourth, scared her again thinkin it'd roll over lol.

So far, the things I've done to it....added bugdeflector last week day after got it, then this morning before starting on the bwm went to the store and picked up a new plate for this, then did the brown wire mod, so far so good, its starting to look more like something I'd drive. :D

DSCN0515.jpg

DSCN0514.jpg

DSCN0513.jpg

Nice lookin' X, good lookin' woman too mate :):)

By the way is there any explorer things around these parts?

Took it for a little bit of a mud run nothing real juristic

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

nice x u got there

DSCN0501.jpg

Niiice...ummm...interior. Yeah...that's it! Nice interior.

Thanks

Earl; Thanks for the first welcome. Terry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back