Xenon headlight kit for 2002 Sport Trac ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xenon headlight kit for 2002 Sport Trac ?

Hi guys. I have a 2002 Sport Trac with regular yellowish headlights. I would like to upgrade to the xenon headlights which are brighter and white. Can someone tell me how to do this? Is there an aftermarket solution or kit for this; and is there a "how to" guide for doing something like this? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aftermarket Xenon Kit suggestions

Hi guys. I have a 2002 Sport Trac with regular yellowish halogen headlights. I would like to upgrade to the xenon headlights which are brighter and white. Can someone tell me how to do this? Is there an aftermarket solution or kit for this; and is there a "how to" guide for doing something like this? Thanks.

www.vvme.com

or just search the seller, mydepots on ebay they sell the vvme hids for $59.99!!!!!!!!! i have purchased 6 kits so far for my car my sisters car, my buddys explorer and my buddys s10. there unbeatable and they install in less than 30- min

I got mine from a local mall. They sell for about $100 - $130 for a snap in set. Really impressed with mine, haven't had any problems. Thats CDN dollars though.

Are you looking for xenon bulbs, or HID kits? There's a price difference of about $80 lol.

my xenon bulbs lasted a couple months, and I don't really drive around much at night. plus they were cheaply made and the high/lo beam was reversed.

i've upgraded to 6000K HID's and been happy ever since.

cauny

i wanna put hids on my 01 sport as well

what's the difference between a xenon bulb and an HID kit? Aren't they the same?

There really isn't a kit that will work properly.
You can buy bulbs/ballasts and put them in, but you will blind oncoming traffic, and also people you drive behind. You may want to paint the bottom of the reflectors so light doesn't shine up so much with them in. Ideally you should be converting the lamp system to projectors.
I don't recommend putting in HID bulbs in the stock lamp housing, but there are always idiots - try thinking of others on the road too.

you can go here for cheap setups http://www.cqlight.ca/ they are based out of the US. No problems with their products yet, functionality/shipping...

Xenon Bulbs just replace your current bulbs I believe, But they're a Incandescent bulb filled with Xenon gas. Provides extremely bright, white light. Xenon bulbs are an excellent choice for long distance performance.

and a HID Kit is an innovative new style of lighting that exponentially increases the vehicles lighting capabilities over halogen lighting. HID lamps produce light by striking an electrical arc across tungsten electrodes housed inside a specially designed inner fused quartz or fused alumina tube. This tube is filled with both gas and metals. The gas aids in the starting of the lamps. Then, the metals produce the light once they are heated to a point of evaporation, forming a plasma.

Hope this helps.

Im not really into lights, But i googled and found this, Maybe someone can give you a simpler explanation, Hope this helps tho =D

If I put a xenon bulb where my standard bulbs are now, what would be the effects? Would it be as bright as OEM xenons or HID kits? Are there any negative effects?

If I put a xenon bulb where my standard bulbs are now, what would be the effects? Would it be as bright as OEM xenons or HID kits? Are there any negative effects?

If you're using drop-in bulbs (not HID - arc discharge), buy some name brand ones like phillips silverstar or something. The bulbs that aren't from quality companies just have a blue coating to give whiteish light and quite often the output is lower than standard bulbs. Blueish/white light is cool but at night you will see less. The blue coating is filtering out some of the light.
Ideally you want 4300k bulbs (yellowish light),most people like 6000k bulbs or higher (blue to purple light), the xxxxk (kelvin rating) is not how bright the bulb is, but a color/spectrum value.

HID bulbs put out about twice the light with less power compared to standard bulbs(35watts vs 55watts)

You can read up on lighting from danielsternlighting.com, just aiming them properly helps a lot.

Back