Xploder wont start, security issue? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Xploder wont start, security issue?

The Anti Rice

Reaction score
City, State
Somerset, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
A 1996 Explorer XLT, can turn key, but starter wont turn, lights will dim...

Can start by shorting out solenoid...

Has a security system, Tri-Power brand logo on the window, missing the "key" to the security system...

I suspect this is the reason the 'sploder wont start, My Mustang has a similar security system, and whenever you remove the security "key" the car refuses to start, however, It can be roll started...

Is their anyway to remove the security system, or bypass it?

Thanks,

Aaron

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 96 has no factory starter interrupt. You can try jumpering the starter solenoid on the firewall.. If that doesn't help definately try hammering on the starter with a rubber mallet or hammer while cranking it. But don't do it too hard.

Its not in the starter, it will start just fine if the solinoid is shorted. There is an aftermarket security system on the Explorer, made by Tri-Power, Im asking if anyone knows anything about this company, or if they know a way to remove an aftermarket security system.

Thanks anyway though

they usually hve a fuse, pull it. I don't know anything about the company though

-Drew

The Anti Rice said:
Its not in the starter, it will start just fine if the solinoid is shorted. There is an aftermarket security system on the Explorer, made by Tri-Power, Im asking if anyone knows anything about this company, or if they know a way to remove an aftermarket security system.

Thanks anyway though

is this the one with that funny shaped key that you have to stick in under the dash before it will start?

Back