Yet another temp gauge thread. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yet another temp gauge thread.

Don't ask me why it does it all of a sudden but my started right after putting a brand new water pump on.

Same here. My mechanic decided to go the Bypass route. $195 from a vintage warehouse in Wisconsin.

I DID find the instructions on here somewhere, and sent them to my mechanic, and he's going to look at them, and see if he can fabricate one without actually having to fork over 200 bucks to ford.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cavitation is when the pump pretty much "beats the water into submission" and causes air bubbles/ pockets to form as a result.. the water flow is not great enough for the amount of water the pump is capable of moving.. Don't ask me why it does it all of a sudden but my started right after putting a brand new water pump on.. then had to get it replaced right after with the special one.

We have the same issue here don't we? And you fixed it with a new water pump? Or by installing the bypass kit?

Heat fluctuation

Hey guys ! .. I am another very interested party in this discussion as I have been battling this issue for a couple of months. I bought my Ranger, and right away I noticed this tendancy ( a couple of days after my purchase !) I have replaced anything,and almost everything that touches the coolant, so if you get the bypas kit figured out, please post it, as well as a number for the alternate water pump ..... I have lately installed a 180 degree thermostat because mine was ranging into the hot danger zone, so now mine still wanders, but at a cooler range.
Thanks guys !!!!
1994 Ranger 4x4 / 4.0L.

By the way, has anyone heard that 2009 was the final year for the Ranger?

I'm in Calgary, and I've contacted local dealers here. They said the bypass kit
was no longer available and wasn't even in the database anymore... maybe
someone could post some pics of the bypass kit - I'm sure it can be fabricated... to my mind that would be hoses and t-fittings right? maybe where and what to connect as well...

what about the part number for the special water pump?

tsb99238

noise was baffling thank u ahodges

Back