Yomies D30 SAS | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yomies D30 SAS

Hey everyone, finally decided to post my results here.

My setup includes:

1995 High Pinion D30
Spring hangers and drag link(3/4" heims) by CRL Customs
1979 Jeep Grand wagoneer stock leaf springs
1993 Explorer steering box
Rubicon Express RE1550 22" long brake lines (bolted right up to hard lines)
Rancho RS 5036 front shocks

SOA in the rear

there are more pics here
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/223222/2

223222_153_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

still looks awesome! i can't really tell in the pic....but does it sit fairly level front/rear?

Its probably about 1.5" higher in the rear right now, cause i don't have my spare and all my equipment in the truck, with all the equipment it sits about level

well actually i thought it looked a lil higher in the rear but i didn't want to say anything...lol.

Reg, you still need that adapter. If so, i need to know ASAP since i'll be heading out of here for overseas soon.

Damn that looks good!! That thing is high as hell!

got a couple of questions for u yomie
1. for the spring over in the rear did u use any blocks?
2. how much did it cost u to legthen your rear drive shaft?

Originally posted by JoshC
Reg, you still need that adapter. If so, i need to know ASAP since i'll be heading out of here for overseas soon.

Josh, Yes, I'll PM U

Originally posted by fury

got a couple of questions for u yomie
1. for the spring over in the rear did u use any blocks?

No, just an AAL

Originally posted by fury

2. how much did it cost u to legthen your rear drive shaft?

about $83 locally

about how much was your drive shaft lengethed?? for 83 thats not bad.

also did you rotate the pinion up when you mounted the new mounts for the spring over??

are you running a locker in the rear? and how about the front?
if so how bad is the axle wrap?? thanks for any info

I used a Double Cardan rear shaft from a '95 explorer sport, measuring just under 37" long. I got it lengthened to 41" long. I rotated the pinion directly to the tcase, since i am using a DC rear shaft, no vibes at all.

I am running a stock LS in the rear and have an auusie for the front, not installed yet. I have not yet regeared the front yet, i am having probs setting an appointment, it looks as if the next opening is the 2nd week in Feb.

Axle wrap isn't too bad, it is only noticeable under WOT, which i never do, for offroad i'm working with a shop to make the MORE (http://mountainoffroad.com/) traction bar work on my explorer

Axle wrap isn't too bad, it is only noticeable under WOT, which i never do, for offroad i'm working with a shop to make the MORE (http://mountainoffroad.com/) traction bar work on my explorer

fab that mess dude!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Anti_wrap_bar/antiwrapbar.htm
(i followed this almost exact to counter my axle wrap - worked awesome for less than $50)

dude the d30 gears are easy to set up - i had never done gear by myself until i did the d30. buy a shim pack in some of tha paint on putty. been wheelign it hard for nearly a year now. randy's sent me a yukon installation instructio manual when i bought everything.

seriously took like 2 hours i was blown away. YOU CAN DO IT!! i wanna see that thing dirty!;)

THnaks for that link gabe, i am gonna look into making my own.

As for the gears, i'm not too worried about the front end, i'm actually gonna try to do them myself, i'm gonna have the shop do the rear, 3.73's aren't enough for these 36's. He's gonna charge me $200 for the rear.

does $200 include gears? if so thats good. for the front gears adn instalation kits which is shimes and bearings from randies was $150 they still honor the serious explorations discount so that helped.

my camera is broke or ide take a pic of my traction bar - its ghetto tough :D and makes a big difference. no more binding driveshaft and watching tcase shifter come up through the floor. one thin gi did was use tie rod rod dust boots and greased them up - i want to buy some grease fittings drill the end of the link and either tap and screw it in or just tack weld it so i can grease them regularily but so far no probs. im using rubber bushings.

Originally posted by BUCHVILLEMAN
does $200 include gears?

No, gears and kit is another $170, and he only orders Yukon gears if i buy them from him

Finally here is a FLex pic of the explorer from this weekend

Teaser Flex pic of the Explorer, i'll get more up later

223222_203.jpg

223222_204.jpg

are those 37s? when did you get xterrains? you put the aussie in the front yet? ive been wanting one. what about the rear - you spool it yet?

BUCHVILLEMAN said:
are those 37s? when did you get xterrains? you put the aussie in the front yet? ive been wanting one. what about the rear - you spool it yet?

No they are the 35" X-terrains, i got them about a month ago, a friend had them in his garage for his Jeep, but got 36" TSL's instead so i got 5 tires for $400.

I got tired of waiting for the aussie so i got the powertrax for the front, no problems at all with it, i'm wanting the spool, but i keep hearing people talk about how weak the carrier is, i dunno how true it is, so i['m probably gonna wait for the fall, i'm still running the LS rear.

I'm trying to save up a bit of money, i plan on moving back to FL to finish school. I'm looking at UF, but my girl needs to go to Orlando to finish her school, so i may end up somewhere north of orlando, not too sure yet

Back