Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dnag I don have anything like that, How do you post pics on here?

www.photobucket.com, make an account (or you can log in with facebook or twitter accounts), and upload your photos. then afterwards, there will be a box when you hover over the image like this
photobucket.jpg

and you want the one with the arrow pointing, copy and paste, and it embeds the photo

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I cant upload right now. I have them on photobucket but I have a tablet and it wont let me copy the link

I cant upload right now. I have them on photobucket but I have a tablet and it wont let me copy the link

that's strange. is the album public? you could post a link to it

I actually really like it

so does it fit for the group, or do I have to find some where else. I do have a light bar lined up, custom front and rear bumpers, and a custom 3" lift, but just got the little thing a few months ago and dubbed "Green Gremlin? what else would you all do with that little thing?

so does it fit for the group, or do I have to find some where else. I do have a light bar lined up, custom front and rear bumpers, and a custom 3" lift, but just got the little thing a few months ago and dubbed "Green Gremlin? what else would you all do with that little thing?

I think you listed everything I would do with one

I say yes. Especially seeing as how there is a mustang on the list and a got-dang bus :D.

so can I call ZAPU 411 if no one has it. I need it for the rest of the decals that I am getting for mine.

so can I call ZAPU 411 if no one has it. I need it for the rest of the decals that I am getting for mine.

Yup its all you and its modified on the list on page 36

very nice, so the next thing is, is there anyone near or even in el paso tx area thats on the team, and are there deecals that we can order or patchs? I am going for 100% orignail and got the acuus and evering to do it. so if you are out there let me know.:salute::usa:

and that's where I run out of info. I went through 30+ pages to compile the list, didn't pay much attention to where people were located

So Lets see if we can add to the list, Maybe even add a location to the list and see if we can get some meets going and I can see what I can do about talking to a guy about decals. He aint that bad for pricing and hes fat with them. I can help take charge if no one in here wants to just got to know info and everything to get this thing jump started and everything else. so new upto dte list like you ha before with locations, and lets try to get some pics going. does that sound like a plan?

So Lets see if we can add to the list, Maybe even add a location to the list and see if we can get some meets going and I can see what I can do about talking to a guy about decals. He aint that bad for pricing and hes fat with them. I can help take charge if no one in here wants to just got to know info and everything to get this thing jump started and everything else. so new upto dte list like you ha before with locations, and lets try to get some pics going. does that sound like a plan?

Like that idea/ plan we could use som decals to make this more official. BTW like the Saturn looks hot. :salute:

think blee would make them?

put me down for #513
"Betsy" will most definatly be fit for this club... ill be sure to throw on a pic when shes rolling again..
and im down for throwing on a
Z.A.P.V #513 decal on betsy
max

ok you're added 513

I would totally get in on zapv if they had vinyls and numbers I would do it to both of mine and the girlfriends car (if she would let me)

I would totally get in on zapv if they had vinyls and numbers I would do it to both of mine and the girlfriends car (if she would let me)

hey! it took me two and a half years and i got the GF into light videogaming and she let me start putting vinyls on her cobalt. so I'\m going to go with anything is possible

Back