2012 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct. 27 -28 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct. 27 -28

Status
Not open for further replies.
...With less than 2 weeks to go perhaps it's time for roll call?..:D

..It would sure make it easier for us that are going to figure out how much stuff to bring for the potluck..:popcorn: Count me in..:biggthump..I'll be cruisin around Friday on CB Channel 4 -alternate channel 10..;)

..It looks like I'll get home just in time to jump into the X and limp it out there..I wanted to take the Ranger but maybe later this year..

..Anyhow, gas is dropping fast as it has dropped .30 cents in the last 2 days.

..While we are waiting for the others to jump in here, how about a quick movie n the Truckhaven experience?..:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We are in and will be there. Chris (cjexplorer) and I are planning on being out there around noon Friday.

I'm in, Char is out. She has to take a certification test :( Her food contribution will still be in though:chug:

Looking forward to a harvest moon at T-haven:bounce:

As always BRING WOOD!! We like big fires :D

I'm in, Char is out. She has to take a certification test :( Her food contribution will still be in though:chug:

Looking forward to a harvest moon at T-haven:bounce:

As always BRING WOOD!! We like big fires :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iqco7fitUE

I have 4 pallets in my 150 I've lugging around for a few weeks now for thaven, plus I have some old wood furniture and some normal firewood.

I have 4 pallets in my 150 I've lugging around for a few weeks now for thaven, plus I have some old wood furniture and some normal firewood.

might check with the BLM but i'm pretty sure pallets are a no no because of the nails. I know they're not allowed at ocotillo wells.

When I brought out pallet wood last time I went at it with a skill saw first. I only brought the parts that didn't have nails in them. It takes some time but I can fit a bunch more wood in the same place than bringing full pallets...

Oh yea.. I'm still "IN".. I have enough money saved up.. The only way I won't make it (that I can forsee) is if I do get a job before the trip and have to work the weekend..

~Mark

I'll be there on Saturday only. I'll be driving out in the morning and leaving at the end of the day. I'll be bringing my daughters. What time are you guys planning on heading out Saturday?

There normally isn't a set time to leave but from memory I'd say its always before 9:00 am..

Sometimes we stay out during lunch and other times we head back for lunch and then head back out.

I prefer staying out all day..

If you wanting a time to be there, I'd say get there are 7:00 so you can B.S. before we head out...

~Mark

We are in of course! Coin toss as to which truck ends up on the trailer. If both are road worthy and I am up for it maybe both of rhem. As usual a movie for both Friday and Saturday nights on a new better screen! Who wants popcorn with their movie?

..I've been meaning to ask what movies are scheduled for the drive-in in the desert..:D

New tires are on, and I upgraded the cage a bit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'll be coming with my Expo Saturday afternoon and staying through Sunday. My gf wants to come along as well. Would come Friday but have afternoon class and work Sat morning, so we'll be heading out as soon as I get off work. See you all there!

...Just like the temps, gas prices are falling...:biggthump

..:scratch:..Although it was in the low 80's up in Victorville and about 101*'s when I got home...The deserts and inland areas are all suppose to be in the 70-80's next week...

One week till Truckhaven :D
Since next friday is my birthday I just had to buy me a gift.
Chris (Cjexplorer) and I are planning on arriving at Truckhaven around noon Friday the 26th. We will set up camp around where we have set up the last two times. I purchased a used folding trailer so setting up camp will be faster and sleeping will be far more confortable then sleeping in the back of our explorers.
Our camp will look something like this along with two white explorers parked near by.:chug:
We are looking forward to seeing everyone there.:biggthump

Attachments

• 2012_1018_175652AA.jpg
    2012_1018_175652AA.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 273

Nice setup:chug:

See ya soon!

...Congrats on the new cabin on wheels..:biggthump

Trailer Reservation made:D

..Did I miss anyone?

In crowd

Stic-o
Zukman and Zukmam
Rick
Maniak
rjcooperss396
Dave Alfaro
Keeper0311
Tbars4
DaExplorer
CjExplorer

Newbies to Truckhaven

RoyR7
HBRichman

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where is DB1 and Froader? I know Dave's rig is back working and Colin has a Explorer again? What gives?:scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back