2012 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct. 27 -28 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct. 27 -28

Status
Not open for further replies.
..We'll be looking for ya..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hopefully gas prices go back down because the same station that was $4.15 yesterday is $4.39 today. Almost $85 to put 19 gallons in my Explorer!

Dosn't look like that is happening. Gas just shot up like a rocket here There saying $5 next few days. Gas stations are so busy because of this scare , a lot of stations have shut down because they have run out of gas:eek:

Doubtful I can make this trip, but I sure would love to. My truck has been in one piece for too long.

Truckhaven

Hello...met Tbars4 and Stic-O at the 4Wheel Parts cust appreciation day a few days ago in Gormin. Tbars4 invited me for the Truckhaven run Oct 26, 27, 28. I plan on making it. I am familiar w/ the area (highway 86 between the 10 freeway, highway 78 and up to Brawley), and have done some mild off roading in Ocotillo State Veh Rec area/quad riding/camping. But I do have some newbie questions.

1) Is there a specific meet location?

2) Time?

AND I MIGHT AS WELL SAY IT NOW... SORRY ...guys, but I don't drive a Ford. 95 Toy SR5, ext cab, 4X4, 33" BFG AT, IFS, 3.5 lift, Rigid LED lights front/back, ARB fridge freezer, winch, shackles, straps... I do have A LOT more stuff BUT...it's inside a store right now :)

Well it has been a interesting week since Gorman. I came home Sunday night with a bent rim, Monday I got it fixed, monday night my daughter came down hand/foot and mouth disease and I worked all of 5hrs and 15 minutes of my 50 hour work week. I burned a lot of time this week and seeing how t-haven is right in the middle of another work week, I dont think I will be making this trip. I was really looking forward to it too! Next time...

1) Is there a specific meet location?
Camp has been at this location the last 3 times or so. This location seems to work best as the hard sided tents like the harder ground better.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.29...-111.930907&sspn=15.047206,19.753418&t=h&z=18

People start to show up "around" noonish (at the earliest) on Friday. Many are there in the afternoon and those who live somewhat close and come after work show up after dark...
Assuming I leave when I normally do (when its still dark in the AM) I'll be there between noon and 3:00 pm

AND I MIGHT AS WELL SAY IT NOW... SORRY ...guys, but I don't drive a Ford. 95 Toy SR5, ext cab, 4X4, 33" BFG AT, IFS, 3.5 lift, Rigid LED lights front/back, ARB fridge freezer, winch, shackles, straps... I do have A LOT more stuff BUT...it's inside a store right now :)

Thats fine. BKennedy's parents drive a Toyota (4 runner I think) and last time we had a chevy k5 out there.. We aren't snobs like many of those with empty pockets (they just empty every pocket) :)

~Mark

Perfect...thx.

Is it time to go yet? :)

8068069127_45837608a2_z.jpg

van with explorer & trailer - pre-tow1-10-2012 by maniak_az, on Flickr

I loaded the X to make sure things were still good with the trailer (haven't used the trailer all summer). Everything seems good..

~Mark

Crap ! ! !

Ugh, I have to withdraw - - an emerging work requirement has me traveling back East on that Sunday for week of meetings / training . . . just too hard to do based on the trip down and back from Tacoma. . .

Looks like I'll have to push my "inaugural" Truckhaven visit to 2013, so I'm committing now to attending the Truckhaven MLK weekend run - - by that time I'll need a break from the rain that's sure to fall between now and January.

Have fun,

Paul
'91 Sport

Me! Me! Me!

err.. I wonder how well a Prius C would work offroad.. (it's really, really low to the ground.. )

Nope, not going to happen this time.. Cost of fuel is just too high, and that's if I had the money.

:banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back