Official 2011 Uwharrie Planning Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official 2011 Uwharrie Planning Thread

Foxracin

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Holly, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
The dates have been set. We are set to go for a run at the Uwharrie National Park on July 1 - 3 .

I will be adding hotel links and other info you may want to know about over the next few days. What I need everyone to do is to say going, possibly, or not going. I will update the list as follows.

Info on Uwharrie NP:

Total length: 16 miles
Open Season: April 1st to December 15th
Fees: $7.00 per-day per vehicle and OHV or a season pass for $45 per person.

DANIEL TRAIL Length 2.0 miles
DICKEY BELL TRAIL Length 2.7 miles
DUTCH JOHN TRAIL Length 2.1 miles
FALLS DAM TRAIL Length 3.3 miles
WOLF DEN TRAIL Length 0.9 mile
SAWMILL TRAIL Length 1.2 miles
ROCKY MOUNT LOOP Length 2.8 miles
SLABPILE TRAIL Length 1.0 mile

NARRATIVE:
The off-highway vehicle trail system in the Uwharrie offers a variety of topography and scenery. All trails are designated for all off-highway vehicles, except for a small portion of the Dickey Bell Trail located west of SR 6584 which is suitable only for use by ATV’s or motorcycles. Stay on the trail system to help prevent soil erosion and creek sedimentation, which occur as a result of illegal trail use. FS roads can be used as trail connectors, but all vehicles operating on the road system must be "street legal" meaning that the vehicles are fully licensed, inspected and registered. Persons violating these regulations will be fined according to the law. Helmets are required on the OHV trail system (Guys this is for atv & ect). The trail system is subject to a seasonal closure during the winter months in order to prevent unacceptable soil erosion and stream sedimentation.

Where can you stay:

Sorry but these links are dead. Im not sure where or why they have been moved. Cant find it in a google search. See the recreation.gov site for camping info.

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

The Group will most likely stay Arrowhead Campground as a whole. You dont have to stay there but most of us will be. Try to get a spot soon so you will have one because they will go fast with it being a public park. Here is the link where you can check out what is left to get.

Links:
http://www.offroadlands.com/park.asp?pid=25
Dead Link Removed

The Good List:
Foxracin (Site 28) (3 Days)
Burns (Site 44) (3 Days)
Josh Adams (Staying in a building???? LOL :) )
Slowlyvverot (Site 28) (3 Days)
LBarr2002 (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
Tripp (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
LBarr2002’s Dad (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
LBarr2002’s Friend (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
Explornj
9402xlt
TarHeel085
Mudboy
Rizzjc (Site 14) (2 Days)
keithisg

The Almost Good List (Trying to decide)
HKUNZ

Not Going (you never want to be here :) )

Motivation for this year:

Trail-Head-Day-1.jpg

Uwharrie-Burns-Mud-Day-1.jpg

Uwharrie-Day-1-Zuke.jpg

Explorer-on-trails.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got on here to create a thread about this same issue.

Im feeling the same weekend. July 4th weekend. It was not that bad except the camp grounds. (just book early)

I just am not sure where we want to go yet

I would definitely be down for the same weekend like we did last year. Mines built a little better now so hopefully I wont break it like last year. lol

Im feeling the same thing as long as I can convince Kelley that we have the money and time to do this trip...

I also have made some repairs. Ill hope not to trash another radiator this time

I'll go!! :)

Great I have not backed into a ranger this year so its time.....

This is a list from the thread last year. Im going to pm the members here to get them to see this thread.

List of those interested regardless of date:
Burns(No PM)(Going)
ExploreringNC
FoxRacing(No PM)(Going)
LBarr2002(Pm Sent)
ExplornJ(Pm Sent)
Brandon96(No PM)
Josh Adams(No PM)(Going)
List of those interested but need a date:
Turdle(Pm Sent)
GJarrett(Pm Sent)
Slowlyvverot(Pm Sent)
hkyfinest(Pm Sent)
zhanx(Pm Sent)
thepotroast(Pm Sent)(PM BOX FULL)
hkunz(Pm Sent)
ScottB(Find Member Name)
ScottJ(Find Member Name)
powerwagon(Pm Sent)
fusion213(Pm Sent)
KPT(Pm Sent)
goneexploring(Pm Sent)
tarheel085(Pm Sent)
Fishfood(Pm Sent)

i am game to get in on some wheeling all depends on how work is for me

...and make sure you get one close to the bath house so you guys don't have to walk the whole camp ground. or bring a golf cart lol

Burns... about hitting my truck lol, yeah it hasn't been hit since that day lol. Yeah I covered that up with some undercoating and you can barely tell it happened. Maybe this year you can hit the other side to make them match. LOL

You would be find but were not sure about the date yet.

There is plenty of wheeling there for you and if not I dont mind to drag you the rest of the way :) Just kidding but i will drag you out if stuck and possibly back into your truck when im not paying the best attention.

lol thats ok i have train horns to get your attention :)
im hoping to atleast get some bumpers then maybe i wont get as damaged unless you t-bone me lol

ill be following this for a date. anything other then the 4th lol
i may bring a new friend with me. he has a heep and a big f350 and hes never been to uwharrie

LOL

Well the first thing we need to do is to get a date set in stone. Then we can see who all can make it out there.

I'm just glad you didn't have a clevis or anything in your hitch that day!!

I'll be cheating and staying in a hotel room, but closer to outpost. Man, I can taste those pork tenderloin biscuits now.

I'm just glad you didn't have a clevis or anything in your hitch that day!!

I'll be cheating and staying in a hotel room, but closer to outpost. Man, I can taste those pork tenderloin biscuits now.

Eldorado-Outpost.jpg

Eldorado-Outpost-2.jpg

Oh not the GIANT potato wedges.....:p

Im changing the title of this thread to the "Official 2011 Uwharrie Planning Thread"

The Eldorado Outpost is the greatest convience store in the world!

This year I'll bring my big cook pot and make some Low Country Boil!

This year I want at least 10 YEAH thats right 10 rigs out there. We did not have a lot last year and it was good but I have been at runs with more and it can be a BLAST....

With that in mind lets pick a date that is best for everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the July the 4th. That'll be when work shuts down.

Back