Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK for me but that time of year it will be hot and I have no AC.

Me either... So my wife and I will be running around topless :eek:

...and doorless.

I'm fine with the 17th - and no AC here either.

7/17 works... its on my to do list.

We need to make sure we get a site close to the lake then. If you want to boat or fish they have a nice lake and they also have a shooting range if anybody is interested.

Well what is wrong with going on the weekend of the 9 & 10

Well what is wrong with going on the weekend of the 9 & 10

Hmm, as long as we can be back for her to work the morning of the 12th. That is a long one day haul. This is depressing.

Either way we are going to see our daughter and future son in law in Raliegh, I was hoping to drag them out there with us for a couple days.

Sheri has a great job, they only work 190 days a year. However, they are flaky and schedule days off on whim sometimes. :rolleyes:

since turdle mentioned this it had me thinking and wondering so i looked it up. I should be in for anything in July as long as its on a weekend. The wife will not know till it gets closer since she works werid hours and days.

Anybody interested in organizing a winter work detail at Uwharrie? Waiting to here back from the park office on getting more details but I was wondering how many would be interested.

Make sure you don't get lost this time.

Lost? Me? Never... actually I remember we were supposed to meet up there a couple years ago, but I don't remember what happened...

At Caney Fork, do you mean it only takes an hour for the trail???

No, it takes about an hour to get from the nearest town (Cullowhee) to the trail head. Depends on which trail you are going to.

I'd rather be here than UNF any time:

IMG_0969.jpg

BRP:
IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

Kinda: Friday 7/09, Sat, 7/10, & Sun 7/11 Wheeling each day with the full group runs on the 10th and 11th. Sorry I was not clear.

I also like the 4th weekend also.

Wheel the 3rd 4th and 5th if anyone wants to. It would be a great weekend.

Kinda: Friday 7/09, Sat, 7/10, & Sun 7/11 Wheeling each day with the full group runs on the 10th and 11th. Sorry I was not clear.

I also like the 4th weekend also.

Wheel the 3rd 4th and 5th if anyone wants to. It would be a great weekend.

I don't know what the crowd would be like up there that weekend...

If anyone else has anyother dates please post them up. We need to try to get it down to a few in the next few weeks. Post up when and what month. If you have a idea thow it out there. Im game for whenever guys.

I think the 4th would be fine as long as we decide early and stick with it to reserve camping spots. But, if there aren't conflicts, the 9th-11th would be much less crowded.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back