Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice! I will look forward to this.:rangertan:

well lets see what the people say from out of state. that way this run can be something cool.

well lets see what the people say from out of state. that way this run can be something cool.
Don't let me hold up the plans, I would love to join but we're pretty committed to Ouray late July. But, if that fell through it would be nice to have something to fall back on LOL.

Also, we've done quite a few trips to TN/NC. We've taken the Evo and the Miata out to the Tail of the Dragon a few times, we're wanting to do something different.

Hey guys, im in.... I have been wanting to get down there and this sounds like an opportunity. I am ok with just about any date with some notice.

I'm in for ure. I can go from whenever they open to mid July when I get out of the marine corps. I'm actually going there around the second weekend of April.

I work weekends now. But depending on what weekend is chosen, I'm in. I've lived out east for years now and never made it to this place. Count me in :thumbsup:

I'm in. I don't care when we go as long as I have enough notice to make sure I'm not on-call that weekend. I may also be able to get my buddy that bought my '92 to come along.

If there's a good number, we should try to get the Badin Lake group camp area. I don't know how much it costs, but its got some nice port-a-john buildings and I think showers.

By the way, Zuwharrie events is planning their trip in July, but haven't set a date yet. That'll be 100+ Samurais, Trackers, etc. in the group camp.

EDIT: Zuwharrie is planned for JUNE, but no date is set yet. Uwharrie two months in a row... Why not :)

I see you guys are working on a date for this meet. I am tuning in to this thread, and keeping an eye open for your dates being set.

The Mid-West wheelers are also planning a summer meet at SMORR in MO. We want to co-ordinate with your run so there is some space between the two event dates. This is just in case some out-of-state wheelers want to join one or the other, or both.

Just looking to try to help each other out here is all.

:salute:

Why uwharrie? It's way too popular.

Burns I see you are coming from TN. Look up Caney Fork. Much better and Much less populated trails than UNF. Yeah the trails aren't well documented and you need someone that has been there. No fees, nearly zero chance of running into a warden.

There are also several varying difficultly trails for getting to the top of the same mountain.

I'm in the Raleigh area. It would be about 1 1/2 hours to get to UNF. Been there, refuse to return. Its four hours to get to caney fork and an hour up the trail. Rather go there than UNF.

Whats wrong with running into a "warden"

Burns I see you are coming from TN. Look up Caney Fork. Much better and Much less populated trails than UNF. Yeah the trails aren't well documented and you need someone that has been there. No fees, nearly zero chance of running into a warden.

There are also several varying difficultly trails for getting to the top of the same mountain.

I'm in the Raleigh area. It would be about 1 1/2 hours to get to UNF. Been there, refuse to return. Its four hours to get to caney fork and an hour up the trail. Rather go there than UNF.

Just because it is popular does not mean we cant go either. So what if there are people there. Everwhere else we go there will be someone or some group that likes it. Plus if we run into a warded and someone gets into trouble then you need to be in trouble because then you would be breaking a trail or park regulation.

I know nothing about caney fork but i do know that several have wanted to go here for some time. I would love to and will be there this year.

Also I would love to know when these dates are just as soon as anyone else. Whenever the date must be is when it must be and those who are going must set those dates and no one else.

i would love to go but it's just too dang far for me

I was at URE with 100 or more Suzukis last November. There's enough trails that we split into 3 groups; easy, moderate, and the difficult group headed straight to Daniel and Kodak. There's enough trails to keep everyone busy for a weekend. At Caney Fork, do you mean it only takes an hour for the trail???

We had a few people get tickets for expired tags or no insurance on the access roads, but that's their fault and they knew they were taking the risk. We had absolutely no problems with Forest Service on the trails.

Any more thoughts on date? I just remembered there's a charity event at a local park July 24th that I'll probably run, so any other weekend in July is good for me.

Im interested in going just to far out to commit for me so i will keep track of this post for dates and so on

now that i am all moved in in Raleigh i am game for a run and when ever is good for me

I am going to throw out the weekend of July 17th. What does everyone else think

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back