Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a explorer with 3/4 ton sas on 38.5s. April 3 I am going to uwharrie for the first time with a bunch os samurais but would like to get with you guys on your trip to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought a explorer with 3/4 ton sas on 38.5s. April 3 I am going to uwharrie for the first time with a bunch os samurais but would like to get with you guys on your trip to.

That is a big truck, you may be ok on some trails but I think things could get a little tight. Carefull you don't run over one of those sammies. Welcome to the forum and give us an update and pics after your trip in April.

Please post up some pics of your X :D

I will its in shop right now installing winch stinger front spair tire rack in rear and rock sliders.

I really want to go wheeling with the east coast guys before I head back to the west coast. If it's around the 11th, I can probably hang around a couple weeks after my EAS(getting out of the Marines) to do this trip.

Im in if I don't have work or school...I want to wheel with the forum guys for once!

Ok guys im going to offically ask does everyone want to go on the weekend of July 4th

I'll do the 4th. It'll give us a 3 day weekend.

Yes I may wheel longer than that. Depending on what I can get away with for work

only problem with the 4th is that people want to spend with their familys and stuff...just my 2 cents

I'm in for whatever date you guy settle in on... However, I agree with the last party in that the 4th is traditionally more of a family outing thing. While my wife loves the outdoors, fishing, camping, etc, she even loves my explorer (maybe even more than i do), She does not like the trail riding part of this hobby. So i will be one of those passing on the family stuff if we select the Fourth.

I'll do the 4th. It'll give us a 3 day weekend.

You must work for a great company, the 4th is on a Sunday this year...so most people will only get the weekend off, not 3 days :(

Because it's not a 3 day weekend, I would prefer to meet the following weekend...not just for the whole family factor of the holiday weekend, but because the park will be very crowded, and camp spots are going to be tight.

You must work for a great company, the 4th is on a Sunday this year...so most people will only get the weekend off, not 3 days :(

Because it's not a 3 day weekend, I would prefer to meet the following weekend...not just for the whole family factor of the holiday weekend, but because the park will be very crowded, and camp spots are going to be tight.

If a holiday falls on Saturday, we get Friday off. If it falls on Sunday, we get Monday off :).

I just feel that this would be a great time for us to get together as a group. Have a few fireworks (if allowed and no i have not checked). Watch a movie. Im planning on bringing my sound eqpt and portable projector.

Plus its at a time where some are already off work and wont have to take a day off. I will be burning up two days so i can beat everyone up there by a day and leave a day later than everyone.

Yea, any decent fireworks would definitely be frowned upon by the rangers. Especially since its a national park.

Im there whenever. Im cool with any date.

See that was easy and just as i thought. No fireworks lol

I am going to add in the first post a list of those who have posted in this thread and put them into 2 sections. I am going no matter the date and those who want to know the date before they commit. If i post it wrong just pm me and ill correct it.

Anyways we need to go ahead and nail the date down so we can be getting camp sites and other needed things nailed down.

This is my offical vote for the 4th of July weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

July 4th weekend works for me but I might need to get back home by the 4th so I might need to leave on the night of the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back