Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Guys it is time for us to get a run on this side of the country. It has been sugested to go to the Uwharrie National Park. So when would you like to go?

So far it is looking like July would be a great month but who knows what is best for everyone. We are looking for every rig from stock to wild to go so dont let that stop you.

Info on Uwharrie NP:

Total length: 16 miles
Open Season: April 1st to December 15th
Fees: $5.00 per-day per vehicle and OHV or a season pass for $30.00 per person.

DANIEL TRAIL Length 2.0 miles

DICKEY BELL TRAIL Length 2.7 miles

DUTCH JOHN TRAIL Length 2.1 miles

FALLS DAM TRAIL Length 3.3 miles

WOLF DEN TRAIL Length 0.9 mile

SAWMILL TRAIL Length 1.2 miles

ROCKY MOUNT LOOP Length 2.8 miles

SLABPILE TRAIL Length 1.0 mile

NARRATIVE:

The off-highway vehicle trail system in the Uwharrie offers a variety of topography and scenery. All trails are designated for all off-highway vehicles, except for a small portion of the Dickey Bell Trail located west of SR 6584 which is suitable only for use by ATV’s or motorcycles. Stay on the trail system to help prevent soil erosion and creek sedimentation, which occur as a result of illegal trail use. FS roads can be used as trail connectors, but all vehicles operating on the road system must be "street legal" meaning that the vehicles are fully licensed, inspected and registered. Persons violating these regulations will be fined according to the law. Helmets are required on the OHV trail system (Guys this is for atv & ect). The trail system is subject to a seasonal closure during the winter months in order to prevent unacceptable soil erosion and stream sedimentation.

Where can you stay:

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
There are also several hotels in the area so if you need that feature it is here. I will be getting links to the hotels in the area soon.

Links:
http://www.offroadlands.com/park.asp?pid=25
Dead Link Removed

List of those interested regardless of date:
Burns
ExploreringNC
FoxRacing
LBarr2002
ExplornJ
Brandon96

List of those interested but need a date:
Turdle
GJarrett
Slowlyvverot
hkyfinest
zhanx
thepotroast
hkunz
ScottB
ScottJ
powerwagon
fusion213
KPT
goneexploring
tarheel085
Fishfood

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm down for late spring/summer. I'll probably have my truck where i want it by then and I'd like to get out and meet some people from this forum.

well i guess i need to get in gear and get some stuff done.

Ok I am in IF: i can get leave a bit early. I am schedule to goto to school few months after i get back from Iraq. School starting in august.

granted been a minute since i ran URE but I am diff in on this.

Also we need to check the jeepers site to make sure they dont have a jambree that weekend. 8 million jeeps with busted axle shafts may be funny but it means no wheeling for you.

Also to just state it again. there is something for everyone out there. And you can camp trail side also.

Im in for sure im fixing the wheel bearings this weekend, and getting new rims with my tax returns, so ill be set. lets make some dates

Guys that are looking at going? When will be good for you? Which month I mean?

I know everyone wants to go asap but I think a fall outing would be best. Summer is too hot, a nice fall weekend with the trees turning and the nice fall air is alway the best time of year to hang around a campfire.

I'd like to throw October out there but I'm ready to go anytime.

july sounds great to me.

I'm down with whatever you guys decide

I'm interested.

I'm interested too, but July is bad for us, we're going to Ouray that month.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like we have a pretty good few that are interested.

So how is everyone feeling about the last two weeks in july? or waiting untill august

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back