The Kenne Bell Explorer offically made 400rwhp! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Kenne Bell Explorer offically made 400rwhp!

Ok, just wanted to post in here that I got the Explorer back from the dynotuning. With a moderately aggressive tune it put down a tad less than 400rwhp and over 400 lb/ft of torque. Then the tuner backed the timing and a/f off and detuned it to 358 rwhp / 361 rwtq to save the bottom end and the tranny.

Even with 360rwhp the power comes on REAL strong! Gotta love the twin screws for that. First take off out the car lot and I hit 1/2 throttle and had her sideways in about a millisecond. hehe. Well I am happy my goal was met nicely. Now I can take it out and have my fun cannibalizing the local musclecar and ricer scene at the track. 400 to the wheels is pretty fun, I cannot wait to hit 600+ to the wheels.

The Kenne Bell sounds very mean in the truck. While sitting it just whistles a little, almost sounding like a faint centrifugal supercharger. Then when the gas is hammered it instantly has that Kenne Bell scream to it which already scared my neighbor whom happened to be behind me while I was coming home.

Here is the dynograph. It used STD correction factors, but even with SAE correction the numbers don't change much.

Gotta love over 300 lb/ft of torque coming on by only 1800 rpms. hehe.

4322173638.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! :eek: That's gonna be way too fun!

Nice Rocket
Your tranny has got to be in agony, what gear did you Dyno in?

man thats a nice torque curve right there. Good stuff.

Dayum!

Gotta love that Roots power response. Congratulations!

damn that is awesome

That is awesome!!

SWEEEEET! Good job Rocket.

spindlecone said:
Nice Rocket
Your tranny has got to be in agony, what gear did you Dyno in?

4th gear. Not in too much agony yet, but I am sure it is definately feeling it. lol

performancenut said:
Gotta love that Roots power response. Congratulations!

Thats all twin screw power right there baby! Of the Positive Displacement type of blowers Twin Screws are waayyyyy better than Roots. Thats why you see all the 03/04 Cobra people swapping their stock Eaton Roots chargers out for the Kenne Bell Twin screws. ;)

Aw man....... Let me pick up my jaw from the floor before I post again.....
Congrats. Now I need to find the write-up for the installation. And then I need to find the $5 to get one!
Karl

karl_burns said:
Aw man....... Let me pick up my jaw from the floor before I post again.....
Congrats. Now I need to find the write-up for the installation. And then I need to find the $5 to get one!
Karl

That $5 bill i had posted for size reference was all I had left after buying that thing. hehe. My brother pointed out a kind of funny or kind of sad thing (depends on how you see it) to me when he seen the KB 2.2. He told me that the hunk of metal sitting on my carpet was worth more than his whole car! lol. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. hehe.

Total cost for just under the hood comes to be roughly $8,500 or so for just parts and dynotuning. If I would have added my labor into that at a regular mechanics labor charge the bill would have jumped another $4,500.

Thats really awesome man good job.

Where did you get it tuned???? :D

hell yeah rocket way to go man.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just have to love them Screw Boxes, congrats :thumbsup: what a greate ride you have put together, now go get your VB garage put together with good info and great pics so you can be a possibillity for "Truck of the Month"

Jeff - :navajo:

Back