Official 2011 Uwharrie Planning Thread | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official 2011 Uwharrie Planning Thread

Still planning for a day run Saturday. Where should I meet yall?

Most of us will be staying in Arrowhead campground. So we should be either there or the outpost. I'll let Burns pick a time...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're talking about your '91, you can't do a TT.... you don't have Torsion bars (TT is Torsion Twist). You need to do spring spacers to get your 1.5 - 2" lift in the front. Also, if you go SOA in the rear, you need 5-6" lift in the front to match it, or do a 'sloped' body lift.

Thank you, haven't looked for torsion bars yet so i didn't know, just read the 5" lift for $300 thread. Just ordered my Coil Spacers last night will be in on Tuesday

My brother's rig will not be ready, so he isn't coming. Tripp's ride is also not going to be done, but he's going to come anyway. Who's got a seat for him?

My group will be Me, Wife, Dad, Mom, and Tripp, with 2 Samurais.

Jonathan, are you still planning to bring your 4wheeler?

Most of us will be staying in Arrowhead campground. So we should be either there or the outpost. I'll let Burns pick a time...

Sounds good. We'll probably be rolling in about 9 or 10 maybe earlier.

Probably have a friend coming in a F150 w/ 4" lift and 35s. I might have an extra seat if another friend can't make it.

Well how about 9 or 10 on saturday so can get a full day in......edit: seed I just noticed your post. Why don't you meet us at the outpost when you get in? Then we can wheel

Who is wheeling friday

Ok.. I think we're going to bring ours since there's 5 of us and only 4 seats. Not too comfortable leaving it in the campground...

Yeah we are. It's only a 2wd tho... Kelley wants to ride some

i dont know if i missed it, but do we have an established CB channel in case some of us show up late.

also, anyone if the raleigh area wanna convoy down?

I'm planning to head out after work on Friday - hoping I can leave straight from the office, as early as I can get out.

My brother's rig will not be ready, so he isn't coming. Tripp's ride is also not going to be done, but he's going to come anyway. Who's got a seat for him?

My group will be Me, Wife, Dad, Mom, and Tripp, with 2 Samurais.

Need to make sure we've got seats for everyone who's not wheelin' their vehicle, else it'll be a crappy weekend for some. ;)

Well how about 9 or 10 on saturday so can get a full day in......edit: seed I just noticed your post. Why don't you meet us at the outpost when you get in? Then we can wheel

Who is wheeling friday

Sounds like a plan. Knowing the people that are coming with me it'll probably be 10 before we get up there.

Can we get an updated list? It still says Josh is in, and I know my crew has changed.

How many people do we have coming that will need a ride and who has extra seats? Tripp will need one whenever we don't take the 4wheeler out.

I'll update the list in a few can't update on the iPad

Trip Info.....CHECK THIS POST

This is the list of who is going. If you are on here please speak up now so we can get this all worked out. This is less than a week away guys. Just let us know if you are going or not. Some will receive a pm from me this week to make sure you are going. I dont want to leave you somewhere waiting on us and we never show up for you.

Who is going:
Foxracin (Site 28) (3 Days)
Slowlyvverot (Site 28) (3 Days) - Friday Only
LBarr2002 (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
Tripp (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
LBarr2002’s Dad (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
Explornj
9402xlt
TarHeel085
Mudboy
Rizzjc (Site 14) (2 Days)
keithisg
Fakemessiah - Saturday Only
Seed60 - Saturday Only

This is my plan:

I will be there early on Friday. We will unload the explorer at the Outpost and then go wheeling from there. I will set up camp Friday night. This way we can wheel with Slowyvverot since he can only wheel on Friday. After that I plan on wheeling all day on Saturday. Take a break for lunch at the Outpost and then go back for some more wheeling. Wheel as long as possible. Then we will go out for Dinner. This place will be Boondocks. This is a nice place to eat and kick back for a few. After that we will jet back to Arrowhead and hit up some good movie time. I am also planning on wheeling Sunday just to hit a few trails and then get packed up that night late.

How does that sound to everyone? Just let me know....Also as it was mentioned before we need to pick a cb channel that way we can meet up.

Sounds good to me. We won't be in until Friday night. Can't leave till after work.

I think we've had good luck with channel 14 up there.

Remember to keep an eye open for Corey (the marine).

road trips have become a pure example of hell on earth lately. My 1 year old twins, cry at every stop now. traffic light, BSing, or an animal crossing the road, it doesn't matter they don't want to stop, and my three year old started un buckling himself eveytime we come to a stop. Hopefully next year I'll be able to attend, but this year is a no go for me. I wish everyone a happy/safe trip and can't wait to see some pics.:mad:

I am less than 2 hours away so i will be there early on Friday and will leave late that night. Is a CB required for forum runs? In that case I better pick up an antenna this week. The truck is up for pre-trip maintenance tomorrow and Thursday. I can't wait!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its not required for the runs be we really encourage you to bring it if you can. :)

Back