Official 2011 Uwharrie Planning Thread | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official 2011 Uwharrie Planning Thread

Had to run out and spend a couple hundred bucks on trailer tires, but I'm loaded up and ready to go to Zuwharrie tomorrow. I'll post up some pics when we get back Sunday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was a pretty good turn out, weather was nice, had some afternoon showers to cool things off and make the trails slick. All in all it was a good weekend.

P5130523.jpg

Didn't really take many pictures or videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ttfEGQDtY

We went out in the rain and had some fun in the slick clay hill climbs. That was the most fun part.

Just to refresh my memory what trail is that picture taken on?

I just simply cant pull the name of that one out. Its a beautiful place tho.

Just to refresh my memory what trail is that picture taken on?

I just simply cant pull the name of that one out. Its a beautiful place tho.

The picture is the top of the climb on Daniel. The video I think is Dickey Bell.

Ah thats it. We ended up riding that one the day you guys left last year and spent some time up there. It is just breathtaking.

I remembered the video location.

Do we want to plan out the trip as far as which trails and when so we can hit them all easily?

The video was taken the same place you backed in to my truck Burns LOL and the same place I mutilated my back tires. Ah, the memories LOL

Ah that one is a good one lol :)

I still can not believe that I did that

Do we want to plan out the trip as far as which trails and when so we can hit them all easily?

I don't think we can really plan it all out. It will depend on the weather, traffic, etc, and we'll have more than enough time to run everything. I don't remember all the trail names without looking at a map, but I usually run the lower two trails that make a loop (one of them is Dickey Bell) and run Daniel to Rocky Mountain loop. I haven't done dutch john and the others in that area the last few times I've been.

Holy cow I missed this......This is good news

Ha! Yeah, I've been away for a bit, but yeah, truck was OK, but I think the passenger header is leaking. But I had to get it towed today 'cause I saw a coolant leak yesterday. Was just the heater control valve, but it was dry when I checked it, so I wanted them to pressure test it and figure out where it was before I had an overheating problem. Should be back to break-in driving tomorrow. Dang! I wish I had remembered to ask them to check that passenger header today.

Bad news.

I have decided not to make the trip this year. Y'all have a good and safe trip. I'm gonna work if I can so I can have my time off later in the year.

Ah man that stinks man......Who am I supposed to back into now?

I completely understand. I hope you have a good fourth

Bad news.

I have decided not to make the trip this year. Y'all have a good and safe trip. I'm gonna work if I can so I can have my time off later in the year.

NO! Michael (my buddy that works at Itron) was saying there was talk of not shutting down for the 4th.

Burns - if you back in to me a stinger is going into your door or back glass, so please don't :)

Im going to go with double checking to make sure its in 1st not reverse lol

Not sure the status of my camper for the 4th (I'm sick of dealing with leaks, and might just sell it before then). Hopefully I'll be there, even if I just grab a tent and head out there.

We just got back from Hawaii so we have a lot to do to get ready. We can not wait to be there.

Ok guys its time to get serious.

The last I heard this was correct:

The Good List:
Foxracin (Site 28) (3 Days)
Burns (Site 44) (3 Days)
Slowlyvverot (Site 28) (3 Days)
LBarr2002 (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
Tripp (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
LBarr2002’s Dad (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
LBarr2002’s Friend (Site 10 & 12) (3 Days)
Explornj
9402xlt
TarHeel085
Mudboy
Rizzjc (Site 14) (2 Days)
keithisg

The Almost Good List (Trying to decide)
HKUNZ

The Cant Go:
Josh Adams

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hate to say but I am only going to be able to make it up for Friday since I have to work all day Saturday.

Back