Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 5W30

Votes: 140 33.0%
  • 5W50 synthetic

Votes: 54 12.7%
  • 10w30 synthetic

Votes: 88 20.8%

• Total voters
i have 93k + on my baby now.... i just put in mobil 1 tri-synthetic 10w30...and a fram tough guard filter..... also, as of yet i have found no leaks......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not on the list. 0W30 Amsoil synthetic.

Mobil 1 Tri-Syn. 5w30 w/Mobil 1 filter

Since winter's here, wait...or summer?? Today's (11/28/2001) high is gonna be close to 80 degrees. Anyways...since winter's here, I switched from Mobil 1 Tri-syn 10W-30 to Mobil 1 Tri=Syn 5W-30. It's even better than 10W30 in all conditions. So now I'm thinking of using 5W-30 year-round.

Pennzoil 10w40 all year. Every motor we have rebuilt after using this oil has had o ring groove and has been extrememly clean.

Castrol GTX 10w30, No particular reason but it works.

Castrol Syntec 10w-30............and everynow and theni use Valvoline MaxLIfe...

I use 5W30 synthetic in the winter and 10w30 synthetic in summer. Down there in Georgia there's no reason to drop down to 5 weight as it is thinner for better flow during start up in cold climates.

Originally posted by Bashman
I use 5W30 synthetic in the winter and 10w30 synthetic in summer. Down there in Georgia there's no reason to drop down to 5 weight as it is thinner for better flow during start up in cold climates.

.... and better gas mileage. I run 0w30 in FLORIDA.

anyone use valvoline? I use 10w30, nothing special, not "maxlife" or anything. It's good oil, never had any problems with it.

now my truck has 106K+ and has quaker state synthetic 4x4 in it and a penzoil filter.......

MOBIL- 1, cost a liittle more but I believe it is worth it, Just my $.0025 on the subject

I read all Fords should run 5w-something so I switched to synthetics and 5w-something at the same time. I thought Pensoil was cheaper so I ran it. But the only 5w weight is full syntetic and at Walmart, it cost the same as Mobile 1. Either way, my engine temp. went down and it (feels) smoother. But I did not notice any encrease in fuel milage. I have 127K.

Dead Link Removed Quaker State 4X4 synthetic blend 10w30 Dead Link Removed

I'm using 5w-30 Valvoline MaxLife. Change it every 3000 miles along with a motorcraft filter. I am also using Engine Restore ( the stuff in the silver can). I went from, when i bought it with 120k, having to add a quart between oil changes to now, at 156k, not having to add any. Don't know if it is the oil or the additive, but I'm extremely happy with the results. Especially considering the stress I put my engine under with my heavy foot and the mountains here in Asheville, not to mention the heat.

5w30 Mobil Drive Clean Synthetic Blend. $2.25 a Quart. Used to run Mobil 1. Got tired of spending $60 bucks an oil/filter change on my two trucks. Purolator Pure 1 filters. No worries:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One word for WINTER "BLOCKHEATER"

I run 10w30 year round up here in Alaska. Even at 20 below. We plug all our vehicles in up here in the winter using block heaters. Keeps the engine warm. Also I have just purchased an auto start so if it gets too cold my X will start up every 2 hrs and run for 5 minutes while I'm asleep.

Ya Gotta Luv these Autostarts!!!

Back