Ford Ranger sales up for second month in a row! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Ranger sales up for second month in a row!

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Could this be just what the Ranger needs to save itself? Or is its fate already on a track for destruction?

High gas prices seem to be driving sales for Rangers. This is an excellent opportunity for Ford to make a new Ranger that can be a fuel efficient leader, in a world where everyone has gone bigger;)

http://www.twincities.com/ci_8438034

http://www.twincities.com/ci_8442601

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nah, that would make to much sence. Ford seems determine to destroy itself no matter what.

GM sales dropped worse than Ford last month, so that's a good thing... I think that they are on an aggressive change path and it will eventually pay off.

Problem as I see it for us here, is that the original Explorers were SO good, so compact with space still available, and capable of virtually anything, many of us consider anything BUT another original Ex to be a slight and consider it as "Ford not listening"

I loved my '99 Ranger- I wish they would commit to keeping it- the F-150's are just too damn big anymore for a lot of people that honestly don't even need a truck- let alone a truck that big and powerful.

Dont get me wrong i love my Rangers i have owned in the past and i love the ranger i now own but i would have to say that in the compact truck department the rangers have to be possible the smallest trucks out there in wheelbase and how low to the ground they sit i would like to see ford either come out with another truck to compete with the tocomas, i love the new tocomas they look aint bad and they are really nice handling and power my buddy has a 07 and it is superb. The only other truck on the market i can think of to compete with the ranger would have to be the colorado and thoose things are just way way over priced in my eyes

That's what keeps the ranger in a class by itself is price. Go try to buy a 15000 dollar taco. Not gonna happen without getting the crappy little one that fits in the bed of a ranger!

Lets see, i've owned 5 rangers/ mazdas, in the past and now i currently have added a 07 colorado to my stable as well. The last ranger i bought was a 07 xl v6 reg cab 4x2. My plan was just wanted a beefier engine w/ auto ect, but stripper model to play w/. The seats in it were absoltuley horrible, and i thought the ride was just a lil too stiff for personal taste on a 2 wheel drive. As said 5 other trucks in the past where 2 wheel drive and they were all softer rides. The colorado is a lil more sparce interior wise, as in you get what you pay for, but it's much better ride, quieter, and power is much better in the chevy. The things i dont like in my colorado are the gas milage. It's a 4cly 4x4 reg cab. The climate controls arent exactly the greatest. If it's a warm day, u have the vents on cool, still not cool enough, so u have to turn on the air cond, to get it colled down. But those are the only 2 things i dont like about the chevy. THE GAS milage i'm getting is only 18-21mph, on a 4 cly w/ a 19.5 gas tank,, that's a bit painful in the high gas price world, but for the comfort i'd buy a chevy any day over the ranger,, sad to say but ,, ford needs to move up , or move on!

Just another note here... We are now at 3 months of sales up:thumbsup:;)

Back