The Explorers NEW LOOK!!!!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Explorers NEW LOOK!!!!!!

That paint job looks a lot better than I thought it would. I see that you live in PA, and I saw the rust you had on the roof. How bad was the rust everywhere else? I have a 97X that could seriously use a paint job and I have some rust over the rear passenger side wheel well due to bad MI winters. I have never heard of painting a vehicle with bedliner, but now I'm wondering why more people aren't doing it. Very unconventional, yet very practical. I love it.

the rest of it s not bad just the roof even underneth is clean??????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, that turned out really good. 3 coats of that stuff is probably the equivilant of running an exo cage, your fenders are probably industructable now.

Do me a favor, put a toolbox on your hood and drive around town and let me know if it doesn't slide off.

Haha you gotta try that sometime :bdrunk:

the bed liner looks great, I've been thinking about doing the same thing on my roof to combat scratches from loading and unloading canoes, kayaks, and tree stands...

how well is it holding up now that your a few months into it?

now get underneath that thing and take care of your frame. Looks like it needs a good undercoating and maybe some rust treatment to combat all that road salt in the winters. :thumbsup:

it is holding up great no problems so far I love it had it out in front of the shop the othert day almost caused a few accidents from people looking at it
:D:D:D:D

you need to put the gloss coating they sell for the bedliner on your truck immediately. If you don't, in less than 6 months it will look HORRIBLE!

lol I just looked at this thread, I'm in the middle of doing almost the same thing to mine. I just got done taking off all of the "Tupperware". Now all I have to do is bondo the rear where the big holes are, sand, primer and get going.

Mine will be a bit different though, I am making a theme truck out of it. It’s going to be the "Zombie Attack Preparedness Vehicle" or ZAP V. I am also blacking everything out (Rims ect)

Looks good, did you run into any problems doing this.

no problems at all went on very easy one hint let it dry for alittle over an hour between coats

cool thanks, Ive already done the front end and am getting ready for the doors and roof.

hmm are you talking about the wind breaker? the thing that improves handling and improves gas milage...

hmm.... a 1/8 piece of plastic is going to help handling on a 5k SUV, I doubt that. It probably did help funnel air to the radiator, but I don't think getting air to the rad will be too tough with no bumper...

The truck looks great btw :D

what about weight did this not cause a little more weight to the ex?

Looking great there! I think im going to trade the paint on my rockers for bedliner.

that looks good and should protect the body

it did not add much maybe a pound or two

a gallon of water weighs a little over 8 pounds, bedliner is thicker than water, if you used a little over a gallon, must be around 15 pounds or so i would guess. i used plastikoat on my ranger for the fenders and rockers Held up great, the best in my opinion for the price and avalibility.

It looks great!

I used just under 2 gallons for mine, I did some extra up front, so I would say it was right around 15 to 20 lbs.

This is awesome... but how do you wax it? :p:

This is awesome... but how do you wax it? :p:
You wax the sides by slowly rubbing against shinny cars in parking lots. The hood is a little tougher.

lol I just looked at this thread, I'm in the middle of doing almost the same thing to mine. I just got done taking off all of the "Tupperware". Now all I have to do is bondo the rear where the big holes are, sand, primer and get going.

Mine will be a bit different though, I am making a theme truck out of it. It’s going to be the "Zombie Attack Preparedness Vehicle" or ZAP V. I am also blacking everything out (Rims ect)

Looks good, did you run into any problems doing this.

zombie attack preparedness vehicle? i have to see this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how much sanding prep went into that. I am thinking of doing the lower portion of my ex.

Back