2nd Gen Front Swaybar Quick Disconnect | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd Gen Front Swaybar Quick Disconnect

Turdle

DIY stunt double
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Stock length ( stock height, TT, with or without body lift)

drsidediscos1.jpg

With 4" suspension lift

endlink006.jpg

Interested?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very.... :D

cool. I have no reason to disconnect mine, but the adjustability is nice. Did you make them or buy them?

Very much interested.

These are designed around a ranger. Exs have a little different setup. Let me know your specs and I will see what I can do.

Edit: I checked your specs and I may need to pay with an ex a little and see it I can make some tweaks. I will get back with you.

Can I just say I don't recomend this.. It's just my personal preference, but I just want it to be know that with out the front sway bar on these 2nd gens you are on borrowed time. You will blow CV's. For this reason, I always left mine attached, however this was with a 2" TT. Stock you would probally be OK. I just didn't see the little gain worth the threat of blown CV's in the middle of nowhere.

Jon if you feel this is inappropriate in here, I will gladdly delete it.;)

Can I just say I don't recomend this.. It's just my personal preference, but I just want it to be know that with out the front sway bar on these 2nd gens you are on borrowed time. You will blow CV's. For this reason, I always left mine attached, however this was with a 2" TT. Stock you would probally be OK. I just didn't see the little gain worth the threat of blown CV's in the middle of nowhere.

Jon if you feel this is inappropriate in here, I will gladdly delete it.;)

Nope
I feel everyone should know the good and the bad. Limit straps would be the ticket though;)

i would be interested. how much are they going to be?

Limit straps are a must but your foot also has a lot to do with you your truck survives. This years UA is a perfect example of this D30+LS1= No Breakage.

Your shocks should limit the travel but that is a bad way stop travel.

? with another piece of rubber added to the link do you notice any additional body roll while connected? do you just disconnect the one side? are you removing the entire link or just unscrewing the bottom half?

As set up now they swing up and out of the way on a ranger. that would be the mod needed to make them work on a Ex. the bushings wouldn't be an issue, they are polyurethane.

Couldn't you just use the same way to disconnect the bottom on the top too? That way you can remove the whole middle link on trails.

Couldn't you just use the same way to disconnect the bottom on the top too? That way you can remove the whole middle link on trails.

i like this idea

The middle link can un-thread and be removed in mere seconds. The larger end has a heim joint with special recessed washers for a very snug fit.

i like it alot =o very interested

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any updates on these?

Back