Ambient lighting | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ambient lighting

Looks like you can now order the ambient lighting when ordering your XLT(was upgraded this week). Also upgraded was the remote starter on XLT.

Ok, that pisses me off. And you get a front sensing system for free.

I still don't have mine and two things I wanted but couldn't get are now available.

And a free Garmin Nuvi...why it's free I don't know, but it's there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So it is your belief that this is the EXACT SAME kit that is installed at the factory? Will this bring the same factory ambient lighting to the car in a dealer installed accessory? I can't get this answered anywhere, or by anyone.

It is NOT the same kit that is installed at the factory, and it will not be interfaced with MFT. I talked to my service manager yesterday and they just did one on an XLT Explorer. The kit only consists of the cupholder rings and a lightbar for the front foot wells and color is changed by a pushbutton.

Ok, that pisses me off. And you get a front sensing system for free.

I still don't have mine and two things I wanted but couldn't get are now available.

And a free Garmin Nuvi...why it's free I don't know, but it's there.

The ambient lighting add-on isn't the same one that's in the limited, so you didn't miss out there. And that front sensing system that they're showing on the site is not a front sensing system, that is a rear sensing system that plugs into your hitch receiver. You can check it out at echomaster.com. So your not missing out on anything there either.

It is NOT the same kit that is installed at the factory, and it will not be interfaced with MFT. I talked to my service manager yesterday and they just did one on an XLT Explorer. The kit only consists of the cupholder rings and a lightbar for the front foot wells and color is changed by a pushbutton.

Finally! this was my concern. Why on earth would they not allow it to integrate w/ the MFT, and where is the button mounted for controlling the color, etc. They should offer the same option that comes from the factory, that's kind of frustrating. I will hold off until a more factory equivalent version of the kit is offered.

Thank you for your response btw, it's the information I've been looking for since I got the car 3 weeks ago.

The ambient lighting add-on isn't the same one that's in the limited, so you didn't miss out there. And that front sensing system that they're showing on the site is not a front sensing system, that is a rear sensing system that plugs into your hitch receiver. You can check it out at echomaster.com. So your not missing out on anything there either.

The main thing I want is the remote start. I know it can be added, but it's more of a PITA if I deal with warranty later etc. I am thinking I'll be adding the plug and play one, but would have been much happier if it came from the factory installed.

Interesting about the sensor. They describe it is a front system. Could be something just not pictured properly yet?

Finally! this was my concern. Why on earth would they not allow it to integrate w/ the MFT, and where is the button mounted for controlling the color, etc. They should offer the same option that comes from the factory, that's kind of frustrating. I will hold off until a more factory equivalent version of the kit is offered.

Thank you for your response btw, it's the information I've been looking for since I got the car 3 weeks ago.

I doubt they'll offer a more factory quivalent version, that would entail a lot of work on the dealer's part. They'd have to remove and modify door panels and a bunch of other stuff to match the factory job. I didn't ask where they mounted the pushbutton, didn't think to do that at the time.

The main thing I want is the remote start. I know it can be added, but it's more of a PITA if I deal with warranty later etc. I am thinking I'll be adding the plug and play one, but would have been much happier if it came from the factory installed.

Interesting about the sensor. They describe it is a front system. Could be something just not pictured properly yet?

I'm guessing they described it / named it wrong since they took the time to actually put their name on the sensor itself.

i tried to add the interior light kit aka ambient light before my dealer ordered my XLT. he told me no; it's not a stand alone option. he didn't tell me that right away; he called me back to tell me that, so i assume he already checked his system.

now thinking about it, it doesn't really make sense now because the XLT that I test drove, had the blue interior light....i am sure it's not a limited but i am not sure what packages the XLT has.

So it is your belief that this is the EXACT SAME kit that is installed at the factory? Will this bring the same factory ambient lighting to the car in a dealer installed accessory? I can't get this answered anywhere, or by anyone.

w1KEDz,

As emailed, just to clarify for everyone:

This is the deal with the interior lighting: you will not be able to turn it on and off through the MyTouch screens. However, it does come with a separate control switch allowing you to control it, like a non-MyTouch installed vehicle would have. I hope this explains it. Please contact me if you have any further questions. Thanks.

Seni

Interior Lighting

Okay folks, what color is your Explorer and what do you have your interior mood lighting set for?

Okay folks, what color is your Explorer and what do you have your interior mood lighting set for?
Mine is Platinum White with blue ambient lighting. That is the way I received it and have not bothered looking to change it.

Candy Red Metallic.
Black Leather.

I change the interior light color depending on what's going on. Last week, I did green for St. Patricks day. Then orange for the weekend for my Fighting Illini Basketball team. I usually ask my daughters what color they want.

Red candy.

Lights are set to "I don't have ambient lighting".

wish i could have it on my upcoming XLT like the Limited!

anyway, the blue is the color, looks nice on pictures and in the car that i test drove.

In a early manual it showed that you could make Ambient Lighting a Favorite on the Menu screen. My explorer was built in mid Feb. and when I go to the edit screen for favorites I do not see a selection to make ambient lighting a favorite. Am I missing something or was that option eliminated?

do you have a limited? I have an XLT and do not have ambient lighting:(..

did you print off the manual.. I'd like to read up on this ...

I got the manual on line from the ford website. It even shows a picture of the menu screen with the favorites and Ambient Lighting is one of the favorites.

Hello Ford. Is it possible to make Ambient Lighting a Favorite. I have a 2011 Limited.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dave,
What do you mean a favorite?

Back