Aftermarket wheels | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

[/QUOTE]

Explorer looks awesome with those wheels Jetz! I was wondering (I think someone else might have asked this..) If you wouldn't mind posting a shot of them so we can see how flush they sit. Thank you. :biggthump

Also, how is the fitment? Did you need hubcentric ring or spacers? Thank you again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CDN - what's the offset and width of your wheels if you wouldn't mind?

Thanks.

22s

My winter wheels... 22" with 285/45/22

195903620500384_100002422424095_398489_435932204_n.jpg

CDN - what's the offset and width of your wheels if you wouldn't mind?

Thanks.

Size: 20 x 8.5 Bolt Pattern: 5 x 114.3 Offset 10

I like this EX also, with the 22´s from the 2012 Edge Sport

edgesportwheels2.jpg

This one looks great too

35213360.jpg

One of my favorite 'non-stock' rims for the Explorer. Once I get mine ordered, I am going to look into getting the Edge rims installed. LOVE IT!!!!! :thumbsup:

Falken RT-7M 22in wheels

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

I wasn't really into black wheels but I grew to like these. They look much better in person

Weigh the old wheel/tire and see how much you are considering adding per corner. Each 3-4 pounds of extra weight will cost you one mile per gallon easily.

So do not install heavier wheels, only use forged wheels, or factory wheels(likely forged) and thus light weight.

Forte 24s...

Will be putting a set of Forte F56 24s on my EX tomorrow... Will post pics after its all washed up.

So do not install heavier wheels, only use forged wheels, or factory wheels(likely forged) and thus light weight.

Note: factory SUV wheels are NOT likely to be forged and thus not light weight.

I have a few questions to those who have installed aftermarket rims and have the tire pressure monitoring system. Is the TPMS sensors part of the valvestem or a band around the rim itself? Does anyone plan on keeping the OEM rims/wheels and switching (maybe winter/summer) sets and if yes, does the TPMS have to be reset each time by the service department?

Ideally I'd like to keep my OEM rims for winter time and put a set of serious winter tires on them, but buy aftermarket rims for the summer time driving and I'd like to know what if anything needs to be done with the TPMS.

Thanks!

tpms is on the valve stem....so if you're going to have a summer set and a winter set...it's probably best that you have tpms on both sets and not worry about swapping out the tpms every time you change wheels because they will eventually break,tear,bend,etc. or the other option is to have the tpms on the set of wheels you'll have on the truck for the longest period of time, and then the other set of wheels will just trigger the tpms warning light on the dash....some people just do that and deal with the light.

bluelion, thanks for the info. Are you aware if there is any reprogramming or syncing that would need to be done by the service department. If I do keep only one set of TPMS rims, I would like to avoid having to pay to get that set synced back up to the Explorer after a long period of them not being used. Or if that is even an issue.

My swap from stock tires/rims to aftermarket setup with TPMS on the Falken rims did not require me to sync the sensors. It was a straight bolt on. No warning lights on dash lit up. Maybe I got lucky! :thumbsup:

My swap from stock tires/rims to aftermarket setup with TPMS on the Falken rims did not require me to sync the sensors. It was a straight bolt on. No warning lights on dash lit up. Maybe I got lucky! :thumbsup:

I'm guessing since you kept the same sensors and switched them right over, you had no problems. Which is good. You know the old saying, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". Well, I love those Falken rims and think they would look pretty nice on my White Limited. Once we are clearly out of the winter months here in Iowa I hope to make the purcahse and I will post pictures here.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Forte 24s... Let me know what you guys think

DSCN0369.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm guessing since you kept the same sensors and switched them right over, you had no problems. Which is good. You know the old saying, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". Well, I love those Falken rims and think they would look pretty nice on my White Limited. Once we are clearly out of the winter months here in Iowa I hope to make the purcahse and I will post pictures here.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Actually I didn't transfer the old sensors. I purchased new ones. I bought the whole wheel/tire/sensor as a package from Discount Tire Direct. I thought it was alittle strange that I got no warning lights after the swap. No complaints here!

Back