The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Explorer Got A SSI Tune Today!!!

Powder09

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Proctorville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Finally got the explorer feeling like it should. I am running a 93 octane tune from Southern Speed Inc. "SSI" Shawn has done it again with his tunes and customer service is top notch too!! It's completely factory with just his tune.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So did you get a Dyno tune? What are the numbers?

No dyno tune, it's his custom mail tune.

number one post for suspense category........

Is anyone else running SSI tunes?

Is anyone else running SSI tunes?

Not me, I won't tune unless it's provided by ford Motorsport. I have lived in the galaxy of tunig a car that is under warranty. I won't do that again. I recently owned a 13 Gti, Gti's are a huge tuner market. Did a stage1 and it was wonderful. I was stressed a little after doing so worrying about warranty issues. Luckily I never had an issue.

The power on a stage 1 was great! Same thing I expect from ford motorsport eventually, hopefully.

Ford will never offer a tune for the sport

I have only put about 30 miles on this tune. My ex sport spends more time sitting in the garage at the house. I have had it since September 12 and it just hit 1,700 miles on it. Anyways, I drove to work and around. The shifting is very smooth and the acceleration is great. I might change the map sensor and a couple other things later on.

I just flashed my explorer with the ssi2 tune yesterday. Dyno scheduled for tomorrow at 3. I also have the unleashed tune which I have been happy with I just wanted to try something new.

I just flashed my explorer with the ssi2 tune yesterday. Dyno scheduled for tomorrow at 3. I also have the unleashed tune which I have been happy with I just wanted to try something new.

thanks for the update and please let us know how it turns out!! :burnout::popcorn:

Dyno done yesterday, got the sheets today.

Stock it put down 276 hp and 310 torque.

With the SSI2 tune it put down 316 hp and 426 torque, the less aggressive SSI1 tune put down 316 hp and 412 torque.

My unleashed 93 octane performance tune put down 330 hp and 393 torque.

It is amazing to me how well these vehicles respond to being tuned. Only mods are a drop in k&n filter and 1 stage colder spark plugs.

In March or sooner I am going to add the SCT X4 Tuner tuned by Brothers Performance in Deland, Florida.

They already tuned another Explorer Sport, which was stock, to 497HP.

I can't wait to get it tuned.

In March or sooner I am going to add the SCT X4 Tuner tuned by Brothers Performance in Deland, Florida.

See if you can get a dyno chart I'd love to see it lol :rolleyes:

Dyno done yesterday, got the sheets today.

Stock it put down 276 hp and 310 torque.

With the SSI2 tune it put down 316 hp and 426 torque, the less aggressive SSI1 tune put down 316 hp and 412 torque.

My unleashed 93 octane performance tune put down 330 hp and 393 torque.

It is amazing to me how well these vehicles respond to being tuned. Only mods are a drop in k&n filter and 1 stage colder spark plugs.

Nice, are you on the SSI forum too? I was going to post your numbers over there if you don't mind.

I hope they have a spare drive shaft and universal joints because thats going to eventually twist the drive shaft right off.

Nice, are you on the SSI forum too? I was going to post your numbers over there if you don't mind.

I am not on the ssi forum feel free to post the numbers. When I get some time I will post up the actual sheets with afr, boost, and timing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope they have a spare drive shaft and universal joints because thats going to eventually twist the drive shaft right off.

If the 600+ HP Ecopowered Flex hasn't had problems yet, why would I.

I don't drag it or stomp on it all the time. I have a 14 GT for that.

Back