2015 Explorer XLT remote start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer XLT remote start

2015xltexplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 explorer
Ford factory remote start add on installed at dealer. Remote start works fine but when I turn my key to "on" my a/c light turns on and heat comes out of vents. This happens if set to "auto" or "last settings". Every time I leave vehicle it was set to defrost/floor. If the vehicle is not used for an hour or more and I use the remote start it will function fine when I turn the key on. Another words, it will come out of the defrost/floor and the a/c light is off. But if I get out of vehicle to run into a store and hit the remote start and then get back into vehicle and turn key to "on", heat comes out of vents and a/c light is on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford factory remote start add on installed at dealer. Remote start works fine but when I turn my key to "on" my a/c light turns on and heat comes out of vents. This happens if set to "auto" or "last settings". Every time I leave vehicle it was set to defrost/floor. If the vehicle is not used for an hour or more and I use the remote start it will function fine when I turn the key on. Another words, it will come out of the defrost/floor and the a/c light is off. But if I get out of vehicle to run into a store and hit the remote start and then get back into vehicle and turn key to "on", heat comes out of vents and a/c light is on.

Welcome to the forum, 2015xltexplorer. Have you returned to your dealership so they can look into this? How many miles are on your Explorer? I'll investigate some ways to help.

Crystal

I have a 2014 explorer base w/ remote access. I have had the similar situation. I have mine set for last settings. 9/10 times even thought I have my setting at defroster only once in a while when I turn the key on it comes up AC. When I had defroster/floor it was coming on all the time, especially w/ auto . Didn't bring it back to the dealer, not sure if was because of the temp outside it was reading (over 32 deg).

Welcome to the forum, 2015xltexplorer. Have you returned to your dealership so they can look into this? How many miles are on your Explorer? I'll investigate some ways to help.

Crystal

Yes I have. No codes. I believe its a glitch that needs to be investigated further. This only happens when using remote start. If I just start vehicle normally with key, no issue. 1,000 miles on explorer.

I have a 2014 explorer base w/ remote access. I have had the similar situation. I have mine set for last settings. 9/10 times even thought I have my setting at defroster only once in a while when I turn the key on it comes up AC...

Yes I have. No codes. I believe its a glitch that needs to be investigated further. 1,000 miles on explorer.

Hi folks,

Send me your information in a PM and I'll escalate this to your regional customer service managers. In your message, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred servicing dealership.

Crystal

I have a 2014 explorer base w/ remote access. I have had the similar situation. I have mine set for last settings. 9/10 times even thought I have my setting at defroster only once in a while when I turn the key on it comes up AC. When I had defroster/floor it was coming on all the time, especially w/ auto . Didn't bring it back to the dealer, not sure if was because of the temp outside it was reading (over 32 deg).
With the OEM remote start, the setting should be on 'AUTO' not 'Last Setting' for the features to work.

Peter

Is the 'defrost' ON when you use remote start? If so that might be why the A/C light is on as the defrost actually uses the A/C to take moisture out of the air. Just a guess.

Peter

Is the 'defrost' ON when you use remote start? If so that might be why the A/C light is on as the defrost actually uses the A/C to take moisture out of the air. Just a guess.

Peter

We thought the same too because I always leave it on Def/floor. So we left it on just "Floor" turned vehicle off. Hit remote start, then turned key to run and it was coming out the vents with a/c light on. It did this as well on either "Auto" or "Last Setting".

remote ignition start explorer2015 xlt

hi ,

i have a ford explorer xlt 2015 . can i add in remote ignition start .

Back