2010 ST - ABS, Traction Control and Brake light on - Check Brake System | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 ST - ABS, Traction Control and Brake light on - Check Brake System

PGO

Reaction score
City, State
Lynn Haven, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Limited
I have a 2010 Sport Trac and the other day the ABS, Traction Control and Brake lights came on and a message is display Check Brake System. I took it to the Firestone store, and they read the codes and told me I had to take it to a Ford dealer. I bought a Bluetooth ODB2 reader and downloaded the software to my iPhone. I'm getting errors with the ABS system: B1342-E0 and B1342, both say ECU internal fault.

The truck drives fine. I don’t have a Check Engine light illuminated. Everything I’ve read about the B1342 says that the ECU has failed but other problems (e.g., ABS) should be repaired before replacing the ECU.

I drove it around the neighborhood with the scanner hooked up and captured the Live Data reading for the ABS. It looks like the wheel sensors are good and communicating speeds to the computer.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have an appointment at the Ford dealership, but they're booked up until late September - giving me time to see if I can fix it first.
ABS_Live_Data.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump for op

you judt have the b codes? try cleaning the contacts on the two since both need uninterrupted power and if it starts up but gets interrupted itll set a code too.

some sound advuce here too

Hi man do you have any update with your problem have the same on my sport trac 09

Hi man do you have any update with your problem have the same on my sport trac 09
Yeah, I sent the ABS maybe duke to ModuleMaster in Idaho and then quickly turned it around. I put it back in as soon as it came in and all the warning lights disappeared. It’s been good ever since and I cancelled my appointment with the dealership. :)

Back