Recommended Aftermarket and OEM Parts and Tools | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recommended Aftermarket and OEM Parts and Tools

A forum to share information about aftermarket, and factory replacement parts which you have had positive experience with.
Filter threads by prefix:
I need to replace the vapor canister purge valve on my 2017 Explorer XLT, 2.3L Ecoboost. I have looked up the part number clearly printed on the piece to be replaced only to be told by various sites (Amazon, FordParts Online, etc.) that it doesn’t fit my vehicle. What’s up with that?! Part # is 9U5A-9G866-AA If I simply search somewhere like Autozone by year and model I’m shown a part that is not what is under the hood. When I found an exact picture of it on AliExpress it said it was for a 09-14 Expedition. Any assistance in locating the correct part would be greatly appreciated.
This works best for straight axle swapped (SAS) rigs. I have always had trouble and no confidence in tape measure alignments with larger aggressive lug tires. There are just too many variables. I saw this toe alignment tool and decided to give it a try as it was reasonably priced and should last forever. https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/R2470.html It didn't come with any instructions. It's solid and simple. Two laser cut and folded 1/8" plates. Ruff Stuff states they work for a wide range of bolt patterns, including 5x4.5 and 5x5.5. Tools you will need for alignment: -Alignment tools. -2 identical measuring tapes. -Level. -2 jack stands. -Floor jack. -4 nuts and washers in your stud size (1/2x20). -masking or similar tape...
Hey guys, I have a 2008 ford explorer limited with the 4.6l engine, and I recently had a squirrel completely eat away my main engine harness. I have been searching everywhere to find a replacement but I continue to find that it has been discontinued and there aren’t any used ones available that I can seem to find. If anyone knows where I can find one, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I'm a casual/diy home mechanic and am looking for a decent but not too expensive scan tool. There are so many brands and models I literally can't sort through them. Amazon is a mess. I have forscan which is amazing but need a tool to work on other brands as well. What features and capabilities should I look for? As I understand I, you need a bidirectional scanner that can handle multiple vehicle brands and see all the modules. Does anyone have any experience with tools in this price range?
Our explorer seems to not absorb impact in rear suspension. The slightest pot hole or anything thumps pretty loud like shocks are worn, but only a couple thousand miles on the explorer definitely does not ride as smooth or quietly as any other new vehicle I have owned ford or otherwise
Hello everyone, I have a 2010 Ford explorer and my key fob that i bought has stopped working, this is my third key fob that has just stopped working. I replaced the battery and did the programming instructions thinking i needed to reprogram the remote, but this has not worked. The car will go into programming and when I press the buttons on the remote it makes me think it has programmed, but when i exit out of the programming and try the remote, it will not lock or unlock the car. Any help is much appreciated!! Thank You!
Hey all, being a Ford and Lincoln driver in Europe with no dealersupport available, finding parts is an adventure. I do have a well know supplier, been with them for years but over the last year on almost every order i get an e-mail about "special order" parts (not as far as i can see) and shipping is therefor delayed, sometimes by 2 to 3 weeks. Any recommendations? Should be great if i can see stock positions so i can choose if i want to wait for special order or find another shop. Thanks!
Back