Clueless w/ code reader - Have live data... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clueless w/ code reader - Have live data...

frisbeeguy

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
"95 Limited
Howdy all,
2003 XLT w/ 4.0 SOHC. 90,000 miles and has been a great car.
Got it all ready for the 16 year old. New tires, plugs & wires, F'ing pita fuel filter, cleaned egr and maf, all new 02 sensors. Runs great.
Had a P0133 code...02 bank 1 Sens 1. Re-replaced it and reset the computer.

Haven't driven it far enough for computer to register for the emissions test. My code reader is showing a "yellow" condition and the EVA system has not completed it's testing. Anybody know what the EVA on my code reader stands for? Any idea what I can do to solve this problem??

(I've been searching through the forum for days looking for answers but no luck)
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Howdy all,
2003 XLT w/ 4.0 SOHC. 90,000 miles and has been a great car.
Got it all ready for the 16 year old. New tires, plugs & wires, F'ing pita fuel filter, cleaned egr and maf, all new 02 sensors. Runs great.
Had a P0133 code...02 bank 1 Sens 1. Re-replaced it and reset the computer.

Haven't driven it far enough for computer to register for the emissions test. My code reader is showing a "yellow" condition and the EVA system has not completed it's testing. Anybody know what the EVA on my code reader stands for? Any idea what I can do to solve this problem??

(I've been searching through the forum for days looking for answers but no luck)
Thanks.

Evaporative emissions. What is happening is that the OBD drive tests are not completing for whatever reason. You may have to do more driving or maybe even add/remove more gas to your tank for the test to complete.

Emissions Testing may actually allow one parameter to be incomplete but still pass, you have to inquire at a station.

cannot pass inspection until all of the readiness codes are done rendering. EVAP is the last check took me about 50miles

Hey,
Thanks guys.
Actually just added more gas and will drive the car for a couple more days before going back for re-testing.
The testing place says if it doesn't read or fails I'll need to pay again after repairs to get the sticker.
Nothing is easy, is it?

Darn, a couple months down the road and the PO133 code is back.
See above for all I've one... all new 02 sensors, plugs & wires.

Any idea what I should do next?

Thanks...

Back