Wanted - OEM Ford Am/Fm/CD for my wifes 1999 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted OEM Ford Am/Fm/CD for my wifes 1999 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

Parts or services wanted

RTF_EXPLORER

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer-5.0AWD
Looking to replace the wife's head unit on the Explorer Eddie Bauer. She is being stubborn & wants the OEM in there. The lights on the lcd display do not come on anymore & also the back-lights go on & off on their own sometimes they are partially lit; then other times entire head unit back-lighting is completely off but still plays music. I noticed at times when I hit the power button to turn of & on they will come back on then when I cycle through it goes off. Have no idea what it is.

Anyone have an OEM want they want to part with? Not sure which model it is but is for a 99 Eddie Bauer where the armrest cd changer attaches to the main head unit which also is a cd/am/fm/cassette. All I need is the dash unit & does anyone have any idea if newer years will fit and up to what year? We have the green lit back-light display. Dont have alot of money to spend at this time

Thanks in advance for any and all help

When I replaced the headlight switch on my 1995 XLT, the lights on the radio turned back on. I bought the switch from Autozone, it wasn't expensive. That was in March and I haven't had any trouble since.

When I replaced the headlight switch on my 1995 XLT, the lights on the radio turned back on. I bought the switch from Autozone, it wasn't expensive. That was in March and I haven't had any trouble since.

The '98-'01 radio is a different issue. The soldering joints on the control board go back and take out the screen.

I used a service on ebay to repair mine way back when. You should be able to look up some place either on ebay or google to have it done. Or get adventurous and break the unit open if you're good with a soldering gun. Lots of info on here if you use the search feature. Make sure to be careful of the connectors for the front panel.

Back