• Register Today It's free!

What is that buzzing sound

radgrom

Reaction score
City, State
LaGrangeville, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer
I have a 95 and when I start it there is a buzzing sound for about 3-5 seconds. I usually wait until it stops and then start my truck. Lately is hasn't been making that sound all the time. When this happens, my truck won't start. Could anyone tell me what that is and possibly how to fix it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when i turn on my left hand blinker sometimes i get a buzzing noise till i unclick it and re do it, then it works fine.

dont know if its the same noise, but, a buzz is a buzz.

i have no idea what is causing this, but im not too worried about it, it doesnt affect my starting or driver.

Where is the buzz coming from? I half expect the buzz is the normal sound of the in tank fuel pump. When you turn the key on, the pump should run for a few seconds then shut off until you start the truck. I suspect the reason it won't start (when it won't start) is the fuel pump isn't running, so the engine isn't getting fuel. Before jumping to the conclusion that the pump is bad, be sure to check the entire circuit for faults.

I agree with MrShorty. When you first turn on the ignition the fuel pump runs for a few seconds..If you don't hear this noise and the truck cranks over, but does NOT start then you need to see if the pump is getting power.

Sounds like a fuel pump since you said that your truck won't start when the buzzing noise isn't present

Back