• Register Today It's free!

2 in skyjaker lift

jkp89

Reaction score
City, State
lakeside arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 explorer eddie bower
hey i was just wondering if any of you had any experiance with skyjakers 1.5 to 2 in lift for the 1991 explorer hows the instal go was it worth it and does it ride good

josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try searching, you'll find plenty of information.

Yes it rides good, handles much better than stock b/c of the stiffer suspension. It was worth it and didn't take long to install.

I did it also and its well worth it. Very easy to install.

Mines waiting to be installed. Not for 2 weeks though. I gave up trying to install it myself. I couldn't get any of the bolts off. I'll just pay a shop to put it on, they will also do the alignment. I had the 2" on my old Bronco II & liked it alot.

I was just going to go with the F-150 coil spacers and 2' shakkles. What are the price differences between that way and skyjacker? Which is the better way to go? And where can I get the skyjacker stuff in Canada?

Peace

Spacers and shackles will not enhance the ride, you're still using stock springs. The skyjacker lift comes with new front springs and a rear add a leaf. The spacers are cheaper than a full lift kit. You can find them at many online parts stores.

Skyjacker coils up front are what you are paying for, the add a leaf will hurt the ride int he back, not help it.
You can buy some Skyjacker 2" coils and then Warrior shackels for teh back for you Explorer guys.

hey thx for all that what would a good price for the lift be

I got mine for $182 @ summitracing.com

and if i just got springs and shacles would i need to somehow extend my arm things the you know the two arms from the dif to the frame the ttb has down from the frame or is 2in a small anof amount to just leave them

No, you would not need to drop or extend the radius arms.

would i need new shocks or could i run with stock untill i have the cash its hard to mod on a high school bugget most of my mony has to go to gas :p

You can keep the same shocks.

Yeah you can keep the shocks. I opted to get new ones since you have to take the stocks off anyway. Why do it twice. I got mine from Summit also. With the new alignment cams. It was like $250 or so.

Back