So I'm sitting there eating lunch... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So I'm sitting there eating lunch...

outside of a local sandwich shop looking at my car, when all of a sudden I see a white Chevy cargo van hit it. :fire: I RAN over there and was ready to beat the holy hell out of this guy but I keopt my cool. He apologized and apologized and felt really bad. It was a company vehicle, so I got their insurane and called that company and told them what happened. I also went directly to a body shop that does our ambulances (I work at Doctor's Ambulance Service in Laguna Hills), and the estimate is $2100. :eek:

I'm still trying to calm down from this. When anything happens to my stuff (cars especially) I get really worked up. I wanted to kick him squaw in the nuts as hard as I could.

Picture quality is a camera phone...
1600crash.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, that sucks.

If it makes you feel better, my mom's TL is going in for its third rear bumper next week. It got rearended for the second time a few weeks ago by a motorcycle. Needs a new trunklid, bumper, taillight and the exhaust system is tweaked.

Its only a 2003

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

$2100! thats it? i got my truck totalled out and jsut got more than that for my truck... and looking at it, most people cant even see what the damage is.....
4019tail.jpg
its the very bottom of the rollpan under the tailgate, see how the license plate is smashed under?

My damage really isn't that bad. It looks worse than it really is. It looks so bad because the light is sticking out like it is.

That's the difference between a totaled '85 toyota pickup and replacing the front end of a '99.5 Audi A4... :rolleyes:

Sucks man, but you're right, I can tell it's not THAT bad. The headlight rapeage makes it looks worse.

That rental car is GHEY. :p

j602 said:
That rental car is GHEY. :p
You're right, but it's a front wheel drive and it's a rental. some of you might remember the sticker I had on my old explorer at one time. "Drive it like you stole it..." Oh yeah! ;)

Hell yeah, rental = carnage! Dude, do the fast food tray trick!!!!

Nice. Do it again and tape it.

I had an evil chevy impala, and a guy backed into it at my place of work, who didn't work there, looked about the same, the killer was the front bumper was $1300 bucks, the head light was $250, and it made me nuts to think about it, I witnessed it as well, and the guy was trying to leave, yeah, that was bad for him. I think the total bill for mine was around $2600, that doesn't include a weeks worth of rental car, so prolly around $3200 like bigdakota said.

Sorry to hear about your car. But haha at the rental. Get some video/pics of the tray slides :D

ahhh the Bronco II
Headlight $18
Grill: $35
Fender: $18 ea

hahahaha ok ok so its not funny......That rental looks WAY to pretty :)
When I was in CA I had one of my work buddies from our CO office out for a visit, he rented a full size Dodge 4x4, it had 130 miles on it when we took it up to Los Coyotes :) It did pretty well!

Anyone care to explain this 'fast food tray' thing?

Find a wide open area. with a front wheel drive car. put a tray infront of each rear tire on the ground. roll the rear tires on to the trays. set ebrake and go have some fun.

I DEMAND VIDEOS OF TRAY SLIDING IN THE RENTAL CAR!!! :D

bmxking5 said:
Noooooo, I think he means that the van was the guy's company car. ;)
OH, good i was abou to say, i'm in the wrong business...

FROADER said:
Find a wide open area. with a front wheel drive car. put a tray infront of each rear tire on the ground. roll the rear tires on to the trays. set ebrake and go have some fun.
That sounds SO SWEET! im trying it TONIGHT!

Back