FFN's explorer version 2, 19 inches lift, fullsize axles and more | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FFN's explorer version 2, 19 inches lift, fullsize axles and more

as yall know, im lifting my explorer again, well here are a few pics of it still on the lift front axle installed and soon the rear should be in within a few days

this explorer now has a D44, soon to get the 3/4ton hubs and spindles, 12 inch superlift springs, the front crossmember from chucks trucks measures out to 7 inch lift, so thats 19 inches total, the steering is the extreme crossover steering setup from SKY Mfg.

the rear will be getting a 14bolt rear that i purchased from a friend along with the front axle thats under there

the tires that are on there are the bald F'd up 39.5 swampers that came with the deal, but we calculated that 44s will easily clear with room to spare, based on the math that the bald 39.5 measures 36 from floor to top peak, and that a true 44 should measure out to 44, and that the radius of the 395 is 18 since it measures 36s, and the radius of a 44 would be 22, thats a 4 inch difference, and i have 9-10 inches of fender clearance, so i still have a 4-5 inch clearance at the closest point of contact

other pics are the headlight measurement, the top of the rear fender (48-49") and the front having the lift and the bald 39.5s and the rear ranger axle with the 35s on it, the rear is getting 6 inch chevy 56" lift springs and prolly a 4 inch block

once it gets back to me i gotta do the driveshafts, convert the brakelines from metric to chevy 3/16's put on the crossover knuckle and steering arms, and then do shock placement

tireandsuspension.jpg

oldrear.jpg

old395.jpg

headlight.jpg

fullview.jpg

comparison.jpg

bumperclearance.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Image121.jpg

Dude, this is F*ckin awesome

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

i've got a GREAT idea !

ramp on that 4runner ! i bet you can get a tire on the hood !

:D

Looks good

Hey man truck looks good. What kind of 44s? boggers? Maybee since your that high you should trim the **** out of your fenders and just go all out with some 52s. :) .or just throw some spacers on the rims and you wont even touch the fenders with that width. Keep us posted.. :thumbsup:

found some competition:
tom04_large.jpg

tom03_large.jpg

also located in orlando.

toddious, that explorer actually rolled in apopka, so its no longer in existance

and as for the guy who said something about 52s on my truck, it aint gonna happen, i think ive settled on 39.5 or 40"military tires, so i still have room to flex and all that , but now i now i have the room to clear 44's if i ever take it to a truck show ;)

FFN: Is that thing street legal in FL? I don't recall seeing anything lifted that high on the street (around here at least).

i think it looks good.

That's awsome

Brian B, its barely street legal due to the height, most likely i.l have to place a set of lights lower to get around the bumper/headlight rule stuff

damn, thats street legal? i mean, i see a lot of HUGE trucks driving around orlando, but i always assumed that they weren't street legal, just trying to get away with it.

heh, depending on the air pressure in the tires, sqeaks me by 1/4 inch under the limit ;)

what is the "limit" in FL anyway? my buddy got pulled over the other day on some pure BS! he has a grand cherokee with like 3" lift on 31's, and this cop said he suspected he was breakin the law!!! in florida no less, where every other truck is riding on 44's.....i wasn't there at the time, but i would have been pissed.

toddious said:
what is the "limit" in FL anyway? my buddy got pulled over the other day on some pure BS! he has a grand cherokee with like 3" lift on 31's, and this cop said he suspected he was breakin the law!!! in florida no less, where every other truck is riding on 44's.....i wasn't there at the time, but i would have been pissed.

That is BS, im bout 10"s of lift on 38"s according to the law im to high, and ie been pulled over for other stuff, and the cop never once said ANYTHING bout my truck being to high, we have trucks in my town on 44"s, 46"s, and a guy in my neighborhood has 49"s, all street driven.... around here i guess its just not inforced, maybe its stricter in orlando-ish area, but ive been there with mine and no probs, and i know theres some big ass trucks rolling around there too...

i know, there are huge truck in orlando. my buddy is only about 20 years old though, so they were prolly just looking for a reason to stop him.

toddious said:
i know, there are huge truck in orlando. my buddy is only about 20 years old though, so they were prolly just looking for a reason to stop him.

Im 17, theres more reason to stop me, ill look and see if i cant find the law for florida....

FLORIDA LIFT LAW:

Bumper Height:

3000-5000 GVWR=24" front, 26" rear
4501-7500 GVWR=27 front, 30 rear

Headlight:

Max. headlight height 54"

its not really enforced here in orlando unless your pretty much hittin stoplights with your roof , i mean ive seen one of the dodges on rockwells from chucks on the street a few times, so its pretty lax , i know in daytona during springs break you might as well park and walk cause they will pull for the smallest ish if they feel like it

mini update, brakes are done, but now i got the bug for either a D60, which is gonna cost me 1k-1500 for the front axle, or for the same price i can get 2 rockwell axle :-D , but i think its gonna be a D60, just gotta find one now

so truck still aint on the road, but damn near it

Just curious as to what you are going to do for steering?

Back