Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more

well here starts the 3rd version of my truck, right now the 1ton HP D60 was pulled, and the guy paid me for it, and then i paid for front and rear rockwells

so here is the planned setup for this version

-1992 explorer
-4.0V6 (when the engine goes ill decide what goes in, 350k logged miles and still goin)
-carried over from the last setup, chucks SAS hanger kit, and 12" lift springs, which puts me at 19" for that

whats new:
-Front and rear 2.5 ton REO/Military Rockwell Axles, Ujoint style axles
-4" welded perch/stand in the front
-larger perches in the back to compensate for the smaller springs, also welded
-Oversized Ladder bar setup to eliminate any axle wrap
-crossover steering, with possible later addition of hydraulic ram assist
-36" shocks all around(specifically the pro comp 9000's, but if you do research, they are the exact same as the ranchos minus the rancho sticker)
-Wilwood wheel/Hub brake setup all around, with a soon the be fab'd custom hydraulic/cable hybrid parking brake
-20x10" 7"BS custom Steel rims
-either 12.5R20 or 385/80R20 tires, the first one is 41 tall, and the second one is 46" tall, the lift should clear 46s

-later on down the road it may be 4linked in the rear, but thats another $2k to get done

should :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: people :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well its good that you have had good luck with him. But i know back like a year or so ago he was shady as hell

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

yeah, i had heard about those rumors a long time ago and come to find out it was because of his outside vendors and outside welders that caused QC problems and not on time delieveries but from what i have seen most every problem has been solved since then

well just got done joining the forum just to read everything on your truck. that thing is sweet . would you mind posting some close ups or email them to me of how the front suspension was mounted up front i see that it has the bracket for the front of the spring but how did you do it for the rear of the front spring . i see that the front springs were 12" super lift but for what f250 - f350 ? i went to chucks trucks and did not see the front bracket the you got from him i guess i will have to call when i get back onshore do you know off the top of your head what you paid for it? keep up the good work

Cbluepit, they are the 73-87 chevy 12" front springs, $150 per spring, $330 total with springs and bushings(30 for bushings), buy superlift and not the genuine suspension, if you want it to be the 13" springs or for bigblock, all you do is carefully take apart the spring pack and insert a fullsize dodge diesel AAL and it rearches it to 13", but will be stiff as ever

it is chucks front crossmember, it is on his site, all it pretty much equates to is some thick wall 4x4 steel square tubing, with end caps that drop the spring eye down 3 more inches, so from spring eye to top of crossmember is 7 inches

when you had the dana 44 and 39.5 swampers what did you use for the rear leaf springs and what size.

heh yeah, im still broke from it, rims are in process right now, now i just sit and wait for the truck to get done at my buddies shop, slow but steady

That's cool im trying to watch your build because this is a thought for me on a 78 bronco

Attachments

• subscribe.JPG
    subscribe.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 742

aww, you guys care so much that yall have subscribed

little update, buddy started on front end refresh and brake bolt on, rims still a few weeks out

rim centers are cut out, waiting to be welded, waiting on pics from him of centers, said they came out real good

you want to see the donkey show???
jk

here is the pic of the rim center

myexplorerrims.jpg

034x4 said:
Good lord. I bet that wheel-brake kit is $$$$!

I think he said $390 for the willwood stuff from Summit

if i can get the clips hosted on the net, ive got mini clips from my phone of the infamous big explorer down here(not mine, the green 4dr), pulling at jesse blacks down here, and as a little teaser, come to find out, its a 514 ford motor with a built to hell tranny (thats what this guy does for a living), its got 15:1 compression, and off the bottle its hovering around the 1k hp mark, this thing is bucknasty
1000K HP in an Explorer bodied truck I would love to see that!

IZWACK posted this funny pic:

It sucks to be the shirtless guy, not so bad to be the driver:
_2510.jpg

Sorry for the confusion

should show up, i think i might have one left somewhere on the computer, sorry for the quality, its a camera/video phone it was taken on

Back