• Register Today It's free!

ttb third member ?

mtwheelin

Reaction score
City, State
colorado springs
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger
im wondering what is the easiest way to remove the front third member from the ttb dana 35?
Ive got the thing unbolted and the drivers side axle shaft out, but i cant quite get the thing out or manuever it to get the passenger side axle shaft c-clip off. So do i need to remove the passenger side beam or what to get it out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

passener side shaft has a c-clip in the pumpkin so you will just pull it apart at the slip yoke. You will have to remove the drivers side radius arm at the frame and swing it to the outside to make that thing come off.

I think he already has the vertical bolt out.

It should just swing out after you take the boot lose on the passenger side axle shaft (there is a slip joint in there).

pass side must come apart down to the spindle so you can slip the outer axle shaft out of the slip yoke

As long as the vertical support bolt is out, it should come out easily, you may have to pry a bit to break the silicoln seal

yep ive got the vertical bolt out but now when i try to pull the diff back it hits the passenger side beam and drop bracket. Im going to take apart the slip yoke and see if that helps.

if you have the driver side axle shaft out, then you can move the diff over to the left and slip it by the passenger side beam.

Drop the wholes driver beam and set it on the floor, not worth fussing with the beam installed in the rig.

Drop the wholes driver beam and set it on the floor, not worth fussing with the beam installed in the rig.

thats pretty much what i did and i got it out.

thanks for all the tips guys:thumbsup:

he he he......lovely!

Back