New Explorer Concept revealed | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer Concept revealed

Bulls**t

(not in response to anyone here, but to Ford for not finding a way to meet eco standards and still make an off road vehicle.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would really like to see some actual spy pics of this. I really doubt the minivan doors are going to make it to production, those are too associated with minivans and many people went to an SUV because they dont want a minivan. If its as good as Im hoping for Ill definatly purchase a 2012 (not making the mistake of buying the first year of a new model again)

don't know if that makes much of a difference..i have a 2nd yr of a new generation (03) and have had many more problems then some of those of the first yr.

I personally cannot wait for the '11 to be in production...It will be just in time to trade in my 03. Hopefully they finally get it right..the explorer is a dying breed right now and it needs freshened up...A LOT. I think the unibody design is a great step in the right direction. Ford must be doing something right. Out of the big 3 they didn't need Gov't help. The Fusion & Edge has been a huge hit, and so has the escape. From the looks of the mule with the production front end it looks as though the explorer will remain looking beefy. I just think everyone should open their minds and give it a shot. Wait until it comes out after a yr then knock it down. Afterall a 4cyl engine that will put out as much power as a v8 is pretty sick, and still get 26mpg!? & still have true 4x4!! I have a feeling this is going to set the bar for what the rest of the industry needs to do..at least i hope! :)

Yes, let's be optimistic. At least Ford has a design that addresses the reality of the market. We will find a way to mod it, if we want. I don't expect there will be a sporty manual transmission available, which has been gone from the Explorer design for years. I do hope, however, that there will still be a 2-speed T-case for mud and snow and that the drivetrain will be beefier than the passenger car drivetrain in the Taurus X. I don't offroad except for dirt and gravel, but my Ex has gotten me home through some pretty scary snow and flooding.

In 2012 my Explorer will be 20 years old so it may be time for a new one, so I hope that the new Explorer will fill the bill.

Bob

I still am going to stand behind the new explorer. I think it looks great and should be fun to drive.

Im not saying that it would be good for off road but hey thats why its our job to mod out trucks

I personally dont like the unibody design. I was teh full truck feel in an SUV. Im looking forward to the power...but still..a 4cyl in an explorer..just doesnt seem right.

disgrace to the " SUV / Light Truck " class...

ford is going to make a lifted scion/kia thing...

I like it. Including the sliding doors that will prevent accidental openings into other peoples cars. I'm tired of my cars getting dinged up by other people's car doors. I usually park far away but sometimes I'm forced to park among those who don't care. All SUV's should be like that! I'm sure that the aftermarket will flood with accessories to build nice personalized versions, but I must admit that I would've preferred a full frame.

If this is all due to the CAFE regulations, then blame the government, not Ford. It's quite possible the secondary option would've been no Explorer at all. Then we'd all be stuck driving Escapes!! lol.........

haha minivan doors and a 4 cylinder. Thats definitly no longer an SUV.

How about putting Lambo doors? Then the doors wouldnt get dinged :p

I like it. Including the sliding doors that will prevent accidental openings into other peoples cars. I'm tired of my cars getting dinged up by other people's car doors. I usually park far away but sometimes I'm forced to park among those who don't care. All SUV's should be like that! I'm sure that the aftermarket will flood with accessories to build nice personalized versions, but I must admit that I would've preferred a full frame.

If this is all due to the CAFE regulations, then blame the government, not Ford. It's quite possible the secondary option would've been no Explorer at all. Then we'd all be stuck driving Escapes!! lol.........

The production model isnt going to have sliding doors.

You know, if they want to change the platform, that's fine and dandy, and understandable too. However, I think they need to rename it. They're just using brand identity to push a different product, and well, I think it does the Explorer name a disservice.

You know, if they want to change the platform, that's fine and dandy, and understandable too. However, I think they need to rename it. They're just using brand identity to push a different product, and well, I think it does the Explorer name a disservice.

Agreed completely.

New update spy pics;)

phpThumb.php

More photos here!;)

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-explorer-2011.html

I am actually really interested in this. I like the body style, no its not the same vehicle by any means but it still is an suv, and therefore would still fufill the needs for a family trip on a vacation or the occasional trip to Lowe's or the turd store (homedepot). No this isn't an offroader but still its ok, seems to be a bit lower than the Honda Pilot though. I wonder what engine choices we will have?

P.S. Not liking the mirrors...:thumbdwn:

I am actually really interested in this. I like the body style, no its not the same vehicle by any means but it still is an suv, and therefore would still fufill the needs for a family trip on a vacation or the occasional trip to Lowe's or the turd store (homedepot). No this isn't an offroader but still its ok, seems to be a bit lower than the Honda Pilot though. I wonder what engine choices we will have?

P.S. Not liking the mirrors...:thumbdwn:

Agreed with the mirrors.

I think the front kinda looks like the current expedition, only a lot lower. So thre offering a tubbo 4 cyl pushing 270hp and a twin turbo v6 pushing 350hp? Is that still the plan?

That's legit too- that's at Oakwood Blvd and Southfield by the Dearborn Federal Credit Union... :)

What happened to the Taurus X back end and the Flex front? Ha ha! Suckers... :D (sorry, had to)

Yep, that's right around the corner from where I work.

What happened to the Taurus X back end and the Flex front? Ha ha! Suckers... :D (sorry, had to)

MULE;) You don't really want that combo back do you?:fart:

MULE;) You don't really want that combo back do you?:fart:

Of course it was a mule. My jab above was for everyone who was pissing themselves because they thought new Ex was going to have a Flex front and a Taurus X rump. ;)

Everyone who doesn't trust Ford to build a nice looking Ex needs to have their monitors taken away until release of actual spy photos. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Strange, my monitor shows the actual pics of the new Explorer. Interior and exterior.

Back