• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Tuner swap

huskerroo

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
Hi, I have a '05 Escape that we upgraded to the lifetime Sirius subscription. Ordered an '11 Explorer (of course has Sirius). My question is can the tuner from the Escape be swapped into the Explorer after the trial period? Has anyone done this??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you should be able to call Sirius and have them switch your account to the new tuner's serial number. I don't think you'd want the old tuner, even if you could use it. The newer tuners, I believe, work better since the merger.

I have an older SIRI radio and "lifetime" means for that radio only... my sportster 4 will not be moving into my new limited even though its paid for... out with the old and in with the new :)

I don't know about today's policy, but I have successfully transferred a lifetime suscription to a new piece of hardware. Just had to pay a transfer fee. If I remember correctly it was around $100 or something.

I've heard both

E209: I've heard that...lifetime attached to ESN.

F99: I've read that...able to transfer up to 3 times 4 a fee.

I don't spin vehicles often but lifetime could be a long time of listening & I want to have options. Also heard that the sub is tied to a radio unless defect or accident. I plan on exploring with Sirius when the trial period is done but curious if any others experienced / dealt with this situation.

My understanding with Sirius lifetime is you cannot transfer to another vehicle.If the radio in your vehicle becomes defective, and is replaced,you can transfer to the new radio.I have Two lifetime subscriptions,the one on the vehicle I traded for the new Ex was not tranferable, according to Sirius.
I paid $399.00 for lifetime in the past.I believe they quoted me $699.00 now and that includes everything,radio,travel info,weather,etc.
If you plan on keeping your Ex for a few years, and like all the bells and whistles, it can save you some bucks.

I have 2 lifetime Sirius subscriptions on after market "Sporster" radios. I transferred one of them to my explorer. They informed me that once it is transferred to the Explorer it can't be transferred again.

Back