Did you notice this little detail on your '03? Or am I crazy? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did you notice this little detail on your '03? Or am I crazy?

My. 03. Limited don't have door badges either. I was told. Ford did a cost cutting for that year. So they omitted . The door badges

That is what i heard to. To save costs, they eliminated the side badges, dealer complained so they went back on in '04.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lucky me that I found the exact Explorer I wanted last year and it's an '03 with no badges. LOL

I'm still trying to figure out if I like it with or without the badges. I guess with no badges, it gives it a clean look. But then again, the badges also add some nice detail to it.

I guess we now know that any Explorer with no badges on the side doors are all 2003 models.

My. 03. Limited don't have door badges either. I was told. Ford did a cost cutting for that year. So they omitted . The door badges

I have an 03 XLT (right hand drive), complete with badges on the doors. I'll have to take more notice of others now . . .

my 03 xlt doesnt have em...my 10 year old likes to point out the other 03s LOL

;) How wise is it to trust a stranger who calls you, "My Friend" ? ;)

imp :usa:

Hey what can I say? :dunno: I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree. :p:

Hey what can I say? :dunno: I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree. :p:

Thank you, my friend! Incidentally, regarding USMC: my nephew was the nastiest rotten kid right out of high school, 1966, joined the Corps, and was back a wonderful person. His own son, joined in 2000, improved likewise; he has become my most-trusted friend and relative! imp

Off-thread, sorry Rondo!

Thank you, my friend! Incidentally, regarding USMC: my nephew was the nastiest rotten kid right out of high school, 1966, joined the Corps, and was back a wonderful person. His own son, joined in 2000, improved likewise; he has become my most-trusted friend and relative! imp

Off-thread, sorry Rondo!

Steve, I'd like to say the same thing happened to me! :salute:

Now back to the thread...................................

Mine was born 09/02 sold as a 03. no badges on it.

My 02 xlt had them
IMG_0165.jpg

but my 03 EB is missing them
002-4.jpg

Phooey. :p:

Back