nerf bars color | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

nerf bars color

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

houtzb said:
Received my nerf bars the other night and too was short on the 10mm washers. The hardware bag was open and so was the end of the box. Their customer service is great though and I should have the new hardware kit on Monday. I was hoping to do the install this Sunday since it's supposed to be almost 60 here in MA.

I think the hardware packs are all like that bc my replacement pack was the same.

Since I had so many large washers I used only those on my install and no small ones. The large ones fit better and are stronger.

The right side is the front of the car. Pictures was taken on passenger side
photo4.jpg

This is what the bubble looks like w/ a 48" level sitting on it. It's close but not perfect.
Both sides are identical.
Both front and rear of the bars are in their lowest positions so I could raise the front if I chose to make it perfect.
But then I'd have to check the other levelness (towards and away from car).
I didn't have a small level to check that at the moment.

The most noticeable thing about the bars is that they are closer towards the car in the front than in the rear by a little bit. But I think this is by design.

On mine, I also noticed that from the front is closer to the body and it's further in the rear. At first I thought I was doing something wrong and I was trying to adjust it but I couldn't. So I just left it as is.

Mike127 said:
No problem, glad to help everyone get the best prices. Reading this forum saved me almost $2k on my Explorer purchase :D So I'm glad to contribute.

I'm contemplating getting the splash guards if they fit. I'm sad b/c I just finished claying, putting 3 coats of wax, and polishing all chrome bits yesterday. Then I got a bunch of road spray on it today b/c of the lack of guards... :mad:

I just finished installing my nerf bars. I was able to install them with the Ford molded splash guards already installed.

I just finished installing my nerf bars. I was able to install them with the Ford molded splash guards already installed.

Thanks for the info! Called Aries and spoke to one of the techs and he (kinda surprisingly) couldn't tell me if they would fit with the splash guards or not. Oval nerf bars, correct? This is great news.

How much clearance did you have between the splash guard and the front of the nerf bar?

Dont know about paint matching the nerf bars, (posted another thread about lower panel paint). Still have not found the good deal by previous post around 1100 dollars or so for the lower paint. Most shops around here, 2500+. After seeing the pics though, the stainless look great as is for the white ex, might just leave alone.

How much clearance did you have between the splash guard and the front of the nerf bar?

I have about 1/4-1/2" on the driver's side and the passenger side is actually just barely touching. I think this is due to the plastic molding not being properly installed at the factory. This causes the splash guard to mount slightly out of alignment. It was tricky getting them installed with the splash guards but it can be done.

I have about 1/4-1/2" on the driver's side and the passenger side is actually just barely touching. I think this is due to the plastic molding not being properly installed at the factory. This causes the splash guard to mount slightly out of alignment. It was tricky getting them installed with the splash guards but it can be done.

Did you install the oval or round nerf bars?

Just placed my order for the Aries Offroad The Standard 4 in. Oval Nerf Bar S223041-2 (Stainless Steel). Can't Wait!!

Just installed last night they look great, the larger washers are the way to go, don't use the small 10mm washers, the slots in brackets are big for adjustment.

Polished chrome nerf bars.

I ordered the chrome, but they have been on back order for the last month. Hope to get them soon. Will post pic when I have them installed.

That was fast. Just received the Oval Nerf Bar S223041-2 (Stainless Steel) from DISCOUNTHITCHANDTRUCKACCESSORIES.com today.

Guess I will try to put them on this weekend. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About 1 hour for install, not bad

Back