A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Well let me retract that. The new upgrade is flawless. Except that I have no nav. The new AIPC came with a sim card but is is not usable. Dealer will not order one. talked to Ford corporate and they said that I will have to wait for the mailing. The problem is that since the dealer has already installed the new software and will report it to sync maybe the mailing will be cancelled. No way will Ford bend. Well after 15 months and at least that many times into the dealer for various problems I think I'm done. Will probably seek arbitration. So much for being loyal to Ford and purchased 13 new vehicles from them. May post pics of my ex. with Lemon signs.

Are you serious. The map will show up. What is your case? I couldn't wait? You'll lose that one. Just PM Cory he'll sort it for you. The dealer is not obligated to give you the maps as Ford mailed them. Patience is a virtue. I did the update, I have no Navigation until the mail gets here. With the way it's working..... I certainly will wait.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just an FYI. Got the update done this week at the dealership. Wow, it's much improved over the prior version I had (2.8). Much faster.

Strange thing is that I lost some of the info I used to have on the left side LCD screen. For example gallons of fuel used and operating time on "trip 1" and "trip 2". Also can not have a 'split screen' showing fuel level and RPM's along with the MPG graph.

Here are the part numbers for the new SD card taken right from my receipt:

FMC CT4Z 19H449 AA
$124.34

Operation 11A02D
1.3 units
$138.13

Total
$262.47

Covered under warranty. I paid $0.

Well my friend. Thow away the tissues because the issues are over. This is lightning fast. I can't get over the speed of voice activated commands. Twice as fast. Unbelievable. The whole system is amazing. Have I said how amazing it is. It's almost as fast is my Android. Which by the way works perfect when paired. Messaging and everything. Yeeehawwwww.

Hey chimoman. About your phone, which model do you have? Also, when you say messaging and everything, does that include phonebook photos too?

Will be in the market for a phone sooner rather than later and with an Ex in our future, we are trying to figure out what phones work the best (besides the ones listed in the outdated Syncmyride chart).

Thanks!

Vince , fyi i just got the tmobile's Samsung galaxy s 2, and the text messaging works even though the compatibility list says its not..

Vince , fyi i just got the tmobile's Samsung galaxy s 2, and the text messaging works even though the compatibility list says its not..

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. Does the phonebook photo function work? That seems to be the real sticker when it comes to full MFT functionality.

Can't recall seeing my wifes picture come up...ill have to check later after work.

I have a Motorola Atrix. I love the phone. It's 4G and is a small computer. Photos show up, texting works. Pretty much everything works. I can watch movies on the phone. It fits perfectly in the sunglasses holder. I put it in there and then get audio through bluetooth through the car speakers, amazing surround sound.. So when I'm sitting around waiting for my sons at hockey I can watch TV or a movie I have downloaded. Wish there was a way to get it to play on the counsel. There probably is. I just haven't figured it out yet.

I have a Motorola Atrix. I love the phone. It's 4G and is a small computer. Photos show up, texting works. Pretty much everything works. I can watch movies on the phone. It fits perfectly in the sunglasses holder. I put it in there and then get audio through bluetooth through the car speakers, amazing surround sound.. So when I'm sitting around waiting for my sons at hockey I can watch TV or a movie I have downloaded. Wish there was a way to get it to play on the counsel. There probably is. I just haven't figured it out yet.

Just an FYI. Got the update done this week at the dealership. Wow, it's much improved over the prior version I had (2.8). Much faster.

Strange thing is that I lost some of the info I used to have on the left side LCD screen. For example gallons of fuel used and operating time on "trip 1" and "trip 2". Also can not have a 'split screen' showing fuel level and RPM's along with the MPG graph.

Here are the part numbers for the new SD card taken right from my receipt:

FMC CT4Z 19H449 AA
$124.34

Operation 11A02D
1.3 units
$138.13

Total
$262.47

Covered under warranty. I paid $0.

Strange, i think i still have that. will have to check.

Strange thing is that I lost some of the info I used to have on the left side LCD screen. For example gallons of fuel used and operating time on "trip 1" and "trip 2".

I'm pretty sure there is an option in the settings to turn on the detailed trip meter. It was off by default when I got my explorer (back on 2.4) and I had to enable it.

I wonder if there is, or will be, an updated manual. Or is it so much like the old system that we won't need any additional guidance.

Can anyone please tell me if these 2 issues have been fixed in the new MFT?

Will iPod retain the playlist count when shuffling (instead of resetting to 1/XXXX everytime the vehicle is started)? As it is now when you shutoff the vehicle and then come back, the song playing is still in the exact same spot and continues playing, however the playlist resets back to showing you are on song 1 of XXXX. This is infuriating if you want to shuffle through say a 20 song playlist while running errands and not hear the same song twice.

Will the right dash screen remember what it was set to when the vehicle was turned off, and be on that same screen when the vehicle is turned back on? As it is now I have to hit arrow left every single time I get in the car to get it back to the "now playing" music screen.

Can anyone please tell me if these 2 issues have been fixed in the new MFT?

Will iPod retain the playlist count when shuffling (instead of resetting to 1/XXXX everytime the vehicle is started)? As it is now when you shutoff the vehicle and then come back, the song playing is still in the exact same spot and continues playing, however the playlist resets back to showing you are on song 1 of XXXX. This is infuriating if you want to shuffle through say a 20 song playlist while running errands and not hear the same song twice.

Will the right dash screen remember what it was set to when the vehicle was turned off, and be on that same screen when the vehicle is turned back on? As it is now I have to hit arrow left every single time I get in the car to get it back to the "now playing" music screen.

What iPod are you using? Mine has always retained the playlist count. On Shuffle I am on song 30/514, if I get back in the car I'm still on 30/514 and the next song is 31/514 (using an iPod nano 6th gen). If I recall this used to be a problem with older iPods, on the iPod itself.

The screen memory is an option... and was also available on 2.4 ... on the left dash screen goto the settings and look for one that says menu memory or something like that.

What iPod are you using? Mine has always retained the playlist count. On Shuffle I am on song 30/514, if I get back in the car I'm still on 30/514 and the next song is 31/514 (using an iPod nano 6th gen). If I recall this used to be a problem with older iPods, on the iPod itself.

The screen memory is an option... and was also available on 2.4 ... on the left dash screen goto the settings and look for one that says menu memory or something like that.

my Ipad does the same. It retains the playlist after restarting the car. Even removing it from the car and doing other things works. If its back in the car, it continues where it stopped last time in the car.

I just need the new NAV SD Card, then I´m really happy with it.

Yes. There is alot of stuff that people have to remember. I strongly encourage people to read the owners manual. Serioulsy. 99 percent of the questions on here can be answered by reading it. This is truly amazing tech for a vehicle. I've read the manual 3 times. Each time I learn something new,,,, or retain something new. LOL. Pay special attention the the instrument cluster sections and what can be done using them. Just sit in the vehicle and follow the instructions. I know it's hard. Like using a map for some. Try it.

Well, I downloaded the update this AM and got it installed. Took 45 mins and I have been loving it. The speed is great, had a little weirdness around using a USB drive with MP3s on it (it seemed to lose its mind for one powerup of the vehicle - fine since). I did have the remote start installed today and the weirdness was on the first remote power up I did. I have since used the remote start and it has been acting perfect...:)

For those holding out of the upgrade in the mail for the Nav functionality, have faith in the mail service and know that the end of your MFT issues are near! :D

- J

I am seeking advice here. Not sure if I should jump and do upgrade or go back to dealership.

I took delivery on the Ex 10 days ago. In that time, I got the SD card error 3 times and tonight on a 300 mile drive the whole system rebooted including taking down the R side of cluster three times on me.

My concern is I know dealer is getting cards for pre-delivery, so they might have my card there. But if I do the upgrade, then I really have no leverage on dealership to get them to fix it completely. . I have decided it is scarey as heck to have that display go dark at night suddenly.

Thought opinions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am seeking advice here. Not sure if I should jump and do upgrade or go back to dealership.

I took delivery on the Ex 10 days ago. In that time, I got the SD card error 3 times and tonight on a 300 mile drive the whole system rebooted including taking down the R side of cluster three times on me.

My concern is I know dealer is getting cards for pre-delivery, so they might have my card there. But if I do the upgrade, then I really have no leverage on dealership to get them to fix it completely. . I have decided it is scarey as heck to have that display go dark at night suddenly.

Thought opinions?

If you're on the old SD card then wait for them to get the new ones. Take it in to the dealer and have them complete the upgrade and provide you with the new SD card when they get them. If you don't need the Nav then upgrade now. You won't have Nav until you get the new A3 card though. Just call the dealer up and ask them wtf is going on with your new vehicle. I don't think you have anything to wory about. Your best bet is to PM Cory and tell him what is going on. He'll take care of you. Cheers.

Back