MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't wait to see how this stacks up to the older version from the user community.

Yea!!!!
Navteq maps.

"Connected navigation powered by TeleNav features new map data by NAVTEQ
Updated map views are richer and feature more 3D landmarks
Views of freeway junctions and signs are enhanced through photorealistic screen images
Smart routing options are provided based on a database of historical traffic patterns"

Who was it that bet me $50 I didn't know what I was talking about? I'd like to collect now :D

Just when I'm figuring out the old system. Hopefully not too different, just better.

AWESOME NEWS !

But in reading the article it does not mention the 2013 Explorer. I realize at the end it does mention all previous cars with MFT will be included. Why is that?
This would be the best thing that will happen to my 2011 Explorer if it comes to be.
After 17000 miles and 11 months it will be a relief not to use my favorite phrase for "Veronica", our MFT which is Oh ****, D*** It. Will the new version recognize our frustations??? Here's hoping.

Video demo:

I read that this will be available for self install via Ford mailing MFT owners a flash drive containing upgrade files.

It looks nice. The only thing that looks like I would miss is the outside temp always being displayed near the clock. I hope it is just a setting change to bring it back.

Woot! Just in time for me to buy one early next year. :)

It looks nice. The only thing that looks like I would miss is the outside temp always being displayed near the clock. I hope it is just a setting change to bring it back.

The outside temp is always on the right gauge display, I never even noticed it by the clock on the main screen before :)

Hey, Everyone!

I hope this Press Release helps answer a lot of your questions! Don't forget that you can also find the information here:

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/...h-myford-touch

Rebecca

Hopefully this will save Ford's reputation. I'm especially excited about the changes to the Nav system. Everything looks so clearly organized on the new screens. Lets hope it is bug free and Mr. Mulally has been driving around with the new system to check it out!

Merry Christmas :D

Couldnt agree more. Temp and time should always be readily available for everyone in the vehicle to see. They simplified things with this update, i just hope this didnt simplify too much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol, i didnt bet ya but i definitely didnt think they would be revamping the whole thing for existing production cars. the screen shots look good so i look forward to the update.

Who was it that bet me $50 I didn't know what I was talking about? I'd like to collect now :D

Back