• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update

bbinwv

Reaction score
City, State
Morgantown WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 LTD
Received my update software and installed a couple weeks ago. No prob on install and I must admit, I think there are many improvements. I have specifically noticed that navigation is improved. I did not notice much change in the entertainment or climate areas (other than screen appearances). Voice recognition is improved as I no longer find myself driving down the road screaming repeated communications to her. :) And hey, my system has not "updated" itself or locked up so I'm pretty satisfied.

I do have one question. Am I missing something or have I now lost the ability to display outside temperature as well as time on the main screen? I understand that it's on the right dash screen (along with a repeat of the time, why?), but my wife and other passengers immediately noticed that the temp is no longer on the center screen.

So, did I miss a setup instruction to return outside temp or is it no longer availble for the main screen? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, did I miss a setup instruction to return outside temp or is it no longer availble for the main screen? Thanks.

No longer available.

Took mine to the dealer yesterday and left it with them for about 3-hours for the software change and maps.
I like the improved steadiness and response time, and I later spent about an hour playing with it in my driveway. I do miss a few of the features like being able to move addresses in my phone to the NAV as a destination. But the new voice shortcut for loading a destination is very cool.
All in all I can't see how anyone can ***** about this new system.
And further, it remains the best looking and easiest to figure out of any units out there.
Sit in an Audi A6 sometime and try to figure out how to operate that system!

It took two times for my MFT installation to successfully take. The first time it hung at installing file 6 of 13 (guess) - I drove for well over an hour then stopped it. The second time I did the install parked in the drive. I tried to register my completion using the home computer method but it failed on three attempts. I guess I'll have to call it in when I get a chance.

Received my update software and installed a couple weeks ago. No prob on install and I must admit, I think there are many improvements. I have specifically noticed that navigation is improved. I did not notice much change in the entertainment or climate areas (other than screen appearances). Voice recognition is improved as I no longer find myself driving down the road screaming repeated communications to her. :) And hey, my system has not "updated" itself or locked up so I'm pretty satisfied.

I do have one question. Am I missing something or have I now lost the ability to display outside temperature as well as time on the main screen? I understand that it's on the right dash screen (along with a repeat of the time, why?), but my wife and other passengers immediately noticed that the temp is no longer on the center screen.

Welcome to the Forum bbinwv.:wavey:
As 182RG mentioned, the temp display is no longer available on the MFT screen because the time display was increased in size. It is still shown on the right hand screen. This was a point of discussion some time ago on other threads.

Peter

It took two times for my MFT installation to successfully take. The first time it hung at installing file 6 of 13 (guess) - I drove for well over an hour then stopped it. The second time I did the install parked in the drive. I tried to register my completion using the home computer method but it failed on three attempts. I guess I'll have to call it in when I get a chance.
Don't feel bad. I wasn't able to report the update via the syncmyride site either. Others have also had this problem. If you can run a vehicle health report then that might work. Other members have had success in getting the info update on their account that way.
Unfortunately I have to wait for the IVT team to get my info updated. They were advised on March 29th but my account still shows V2.4 as of today.

Peter

My dealer told me that the latest MFT update would be mailed to me. FORD told me that it would not be mailed but to take it in to my dealer to have them do it. I tried to down load it but my internet connection was too slow and it would not work. I finally convinced the dealer to do it. As of 4-16-12 I now have Gen 2-v3.0.2 installed and everything looks good so far. I also had them fix other issues such as, the A pillar rattle, oil on the front door windows, and some parts for the tranny, it was slipping at take off once in a while. I only have 8200 miles on my 2011 x. Time will tell about the update.

All in all I can't see how anyone can ***** about this new system.

Some of us can ***** when

1) it still locks up and reboots on a regular basis
2) the traffic portion of navigation doesn't show the traffic for the direction you're traveling in anymore, making traffic information useless
3) the re-routing around traffic no longer works correctly
4) the album art on the entertainment window is too small to discern
5) the current song/artist information for sirius no longer shows while on the main screen
6) *no outside temp on main display (doesn't bother me, but hey)
7) various display bugs, overlapping text, etc.
8) basic functionality with phones (such as favorites -> quick dial mapping) doesn't work as expected
9) making a call using voice commands plays the radio until well into the second or third ring on the call, causing the other party to answer the phone and you not being able to hear or speak to them before they hang up thinking no one was there

In their attempt to fix stability issues prior to the update, they removed functionality that was key in some users purchasing decision. On top of that they haven't fixed the stability issues, and their best advice for resetting the system when it does crash is still to pull fuse 29 or disconnect the battery. At the very least they could have programmed in a way to reboot MFT via a hardware combination to alleviate the pain of trying to get to the obnoxiously placed fuse panel.

For all this, some of us still *****.

Have they sent them all out cause I haven't received mine yet!

Who do I have to call and tell I want my update and new map?

Thx.

I was playing around with it today and can't find where the Weather/Movies times/Sports scores are on the new update. Any help?

I was playing around with it today and can't find where the Weather/Movies times/Sports scores are on the new update. Any help?

Press the " i " in the bottom, middle of the screen and choose Travel Link.

You can find the User Manuals HERE :)

I thought Ford was sending out a flash drive so we could update MFT on our own, along with a new SD card for nav unit. I just received a letter from Ford telling me I had to take my X in to have the update performed.

Did something change? Now instead of doing this on my own I have to take it in and leave it for half a day?

Some VIN Explorers need to go to the dealer for update. They will not mail you one if that is the case.

I thought Ford was sending out a flash drive so we could update MFT on our own, along with a new SD card for nav unit. I just received a letter from Ford telling me I had to take my X in to have the update performed.

Did something change? Now instead of doing this on my own I have to take it in and leave it for half a day?
I can only assume that you haven't been following the discussions on this Forum for the past month. As Joe Dirt stated, some Explorers have to go to the dealer to get the update done. Did you log into www.syncmyride.com for the update info? If you did, you would likely have been advised to take yours to the dealer to get it done.
The dealer will do it and supply the SD card. If you have a phone paired, after the update has been done, you will need to delete your phone info and pair it again for it to work properly. Good luck.

Peter

Back