• Register Today It's free!

V2.11 Release Notes

dinom

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Hi all. These were posted on here a few days ago, but disappeared for some reason. Thanks to Vic for posting this:

Version 2.11 was officially released today for the Explorer. New version is dealer-installed and no charge.

This is not all inclusive, but here are some of the items addressed with this version:

Implemented corrective action to recover automatically from remaining known “black screen” root causes using a module reset timer.

Reduced occurrences of the MyFord Touch display staying active for thirty (30) seconds when IGN OFF, door open.

Improved system stability during the following scenarios/situations:

While replying to a text message.

Large amounts of Sirius Travel Link data/downloads.

Heavy Navigation usage.

Removing a USB or SD card device.

Downloading phonebooks from devices with duplicate contacts.

Digit dialing via voice.

Entertainment

Updates to missing Sirius Channel Art files and improved update algorithm.

Corrective action to ensure the radio is not turned on after a voice session or phone call.

Corrective action to ensure radio frequency is shown after a direct tune event.

Corrective actions to ensure the correct presets are shown after a VR session.

Corrective action to ensure the correct source is resumed after a VR session.

Corrective actions to ensure the correct Sirius Channel names are available using voice recognition.

Phone

Improved phone pairing and connection times.

Implemented phonebook download improvements for iPhone 4 customers.

Corrective action to remove the e911 pop-up upon each phone connection for customers in Mexico and South America.

Navigation

Improved overall stability of the South American Navigation application.

Voice

Updated static list items in the “What Can I Say?” screen to match the language selected.

Corrective action to ensure a VR session while in the radio source sets the correct station number

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, is that it??? Our own bugs list is twice as as long as that!

Can anybody confirm with 2.11 when using quick dial if you already have phone numbers programed in, do you still get the screen that pops up to tell you how to enter numbers?

That really prevents it from being a quick dial once you have numbers programed.

Can anybody confirm with 2.11 when using quick dial if you already have phone numbers programed in, do you still get the screen that pops up to tell you how to enter numbers?

That really prevents it from being a quick dial once you have numbers programed.

I can check if you can give me some more specifics as I do not use quick dial....

I can check if you can give me some more specifics as I do not use quick dial....

When you press the (is it top left corner?) for phone, there will be a menu item that reads "quick dial". Press that and if you have numbers already stored in there, see if the little window comes up that explains how to add a number.

If you don't have numbers stored, follow the direction to sore numbers and then re-test.

Thanks!

Quick dial : There is no pop-up screen anymore. Also irritated me. After the upgrade, it comes up because there is no speed dials programmed. After I programmed the first one, the pop-up never came back.

Quick dial : There is no pop-up screen anymore. Also irritated me. After the upgrade, it comes up because there is no speed dials programmed. After I programmed the first one, the pop-up never came back.

Strange - the popup still shows for me even after all 10 are used. It doesn't last long, but it does come up.

Back