• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer headliner removal

brockdog08

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mountaineer
I have a 2006 Explorer with a power sunroof added after the fact by a local Ford dealer used shop. Sunroof works great but there is a rattle in the roof/headliner coming from the sunroof hardware. Can anyone give me a quick lesson on removing the headliner so I may fix this issue? I have an idea on how to do it but want to be sure so I don't ruin anything. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like that information also. I read to remove headliner use WSM Section 501-05 I just can not find a copy of the work shop manual. Any help will be appreciated.

There are a number of procedures to remove the headliner on a 2007 Explorer. I expect the 2006 model will be the same. If you send me a pm with your e-mail address then I will send you pdf copies of all the procedures.

It will take a day or two.

There are a number of procedures to remove the headliner on a 2007 Explorer. I expect the 2006 model will be the same. If you send me a pm with your e-mail address then I will send you pdf copies of all the procedures.

It will take a day or two.

or you could post it so that it will help others out and everyone wont have to email you? :dunno:

or you could post it so that it will help others out and everyone wont have to email you? :dunno:

Perhaps you know what the procedure is? It is not as straightforward as on other sites.

Note the headliner procedure involves 14 procedures.

Back